Central Locking Problems

Adam.Clifford

I've got a 2001 seat arosa s, the remote for the central locking only works on occasion, and i find myself pressing the unlock button multiple times with no results.
I've put a new battery in, as i can see the LED lighting up when i press the button, the only problem is that it doesn't open the central locking.

I know its definitely programmed correctly as it sometimes opens the doors and starts the car just fine

Any help would be great.

Perhaps the key fob needs to be recoded with the car, so that it'll work correctly again. Your local dealership should only charge a nominal amount for this work to be carried out. Do you only have the one fob for the car? As all VAG group cars come with two, when new!

I have this same problem in my 01 Arosa S. It worked 70% of the time when I bought the car a year ago but doesn't really work now. It worked for the first time in a while at the start of the week but has decided to stop again, seems better in the warmer weather somehow :ouch: . Would love to know if you find a solution.

Edited by Elz8462