Adam's Bagged Anthracite Lupo. * BAGGED IT*

Adam_14

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I'm sure if he wanted it plastered all over the forum he'd come on here and say.

It's a car Pete. Nuts and bolts. Nothing to get too emotional about. Nothing that can't be replaced. Family, friends.... just a bit of perspective right there. Yeah, don't get me wrong we all get a teeny bit attached, but it might be worth posting what and maybe why it happened?

From a selfish point of view, in particular, I'm quite keen to know whether the compressor for the bags set on fire, as I know someone who had this happen, but it did not write off the vehicle.

By all means though, if it's still a bit raw, don't post about it.

I would say don't get too down about it though. I was gutted when I trashed my last Lupo, I really was, but I look back fondly of the time I enjoyed driving it, it was a lot more human than the SDI I currently drive which is relentlessly reliable.

It happened like a week ago, so I imagine it's pretty raw.

And not everyone is as automotively curious as you are, sure it's not family or friend related but the attachment is still there, especially when so much graft has been put into it. My point being that I think it's a bit low of some members, yourself included, to start quizzing him about how, what, when, why when he's not even been on here to tell ppl it's happened. Maybe, just maybe there is a reason for it, no? Not everyone can see their hard work go up in smoke and just shrug it off as its 'just nuts and bolts' Skezza.

And if you're that curious, why not message him?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pete said:

It happened like a week ago, so I imagine it's pretty raw.

And not everyone is as automotively curious as you are, sure it's not family or friend related but the attachment is still there, especially when so much graft has been put into it. My point being that I think it's a bit low of some members, yourself included, to start quizzing him about how, what, when, why when he's not even been on here to tell ppl it's happened. Maybe, just maybe there is a reason for it, no? Not everyone can see their hard work go up in smoke and just shrug it off as its 'just nuts and bolts' Skezza.

And if you're that curious, why not message him?

:wacko: I can't tell if you're trolling me right now Pete. All the stuff that goes on, on this forum, you're offended by some fairly inoffensive questions about what might (seeing as we don't fully know) have happened to this vehicle? Of course we're automotively curious, that's why we use this forum, isn't it? If I was interested in BDSM, I'd be on a forum about whips and chains.... but I'm not, I post on here because I'm interested in cars and all the work and what not that goes into it. 

To Adam, if it is raw, I apologize if I've upset/offended you. That genuinely wasn't my intention.

Of course it hurts a bit. I was gutted when I smashed up my last one. If I smash up my Lupo tomorrow, I'll be especially gutted about the custom projector headlights that I put months of effort into and all the other things I've done, but isn't it all part of the experience....? The fact that when you learn these things and work on vehicles, your knowledge base expands, so you can do the same thing again without the risks we undertook the first time round. Cars don't last forever... not normally anyway and that's the way to look at a situation like this.

I'm so confused by you right now Pete...

I'm not personally offended, you seem to be misunderstanding my direction here. I just feel that if he wanted to chat or be quizzed about it then he'd be on here discussing and answering questions. I can't call to mind anything in recent years that I would consider offensive on this forum. I remember someone getting upset quite some time ago by me calling them a retard but that's about it.

I have seen the car and the footage of it on fire and he is clearly distressed by it. 

I just see it as its fine asking questions about owners tyre sizes, suspension set ups etc, stuff that is quite normal and decent to be curious about on a car owners forum, that's usually why ppl join, because they are proud of their cars and want to show them off and show off their hard work, it's not just a mode of transport, they feel like it's part of the family so to speak. So asking someone how, why their pride and joy was destroyed a week after it happened is just a bit, well, impolite I guess. Especially as he hasn't already been on to break the news himself, instead he's just gonna log back in, see his thread has been updated with ppl chatting about it and asking what's happened and why when maybe right now he just doesn't wanna think about what's gone on! Just trying to show a little compassion. Yes it's not a human life but is that where the line should be drawn when showing a little consideration??

OK, so I'm very confused right now. I must have missed a thread or something. Maybe I'm not scene enough (apologies) to understand. I have absolutely no idea what you're on about regarding a video. I've not seen that. I assumed amckenzie was a friend and knew something we didn't, hence the reason me asking what had happened. Sometimes being cryptic doesn't help the ill-educated, me in this case.

I'll wind my neck in seeing as I'm clearly not in a position to comment. Adam, I hope the car is salvageable, if not, apologies for your loss and I hope you can start a new project very soon.

There's nothing on this forum relating to his car. That's the thing. Nothing about being 'scene'. Jeez I hate that word. Agree to disagree on this one. Let's move on, I still am as indifferent to you as I was before. No harm done.

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

There's nothing on this forum relating to his car. That's the thing. Nothing about being 'scene'. Jeez I hate that word. Agree to disagree on this one. Let's move on, I still am as indifferent to you as I was before. No harm done.

I always assumed you were ambivalent towards me tbh. Ahh well, I'm not to everyone's taste :)

Again, Adam, I sincerely hope it's salvageable.

If not, I hope this can spawn a new project and you continue to post updates here. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 11 March 2015 at 4:33 PM, Adam_14 said:

Not had much chance to get some good photos of the wheels on the car so these will have to do for now :)

Really happy with how it looks! Now just to spend the next 3 days cleaning the car for Ultimate Dubs :)

IMG_2369_zpsc4amrvy4.jpg

IMG_2377_zpssck7cwuz.jpg

Your lupo is so nice mate