Adam's Bagged Anthracite Lupo. * BAGGED IT*

Adam_14

Another little upgrade to be done over the weekend.

I bought a central locking system from RightClick. Hopefully i'll get it wired up over the weekend although they've sent me the wrong key type and I even asked them for the specific type... :angry2: So I won't be able to start the engine with the new key just yet.

I'm going to be following a guide on the forum made by Skezza. The pics are no longer on the thread, so if any of you are interested in seeing some pics of how to do it i'll put them on this thread.

Wish me luck...

IMG_1515_zps5463ca3b.jpg

Okay so I've got the central locking all wired up and also wired it into my indicators so they flash when it locks and unlocks. :thumbsup:

I just need to get my key cut, then i'll post some pictures of how I did it. Really happy with the result :) Definitely worth £30-£40

Edited by Adam_14
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did you have any central locking before or was it unlock every door and boot separately?

I had central locking before, perhaps I should've called it Keyless Entry? Apologies if I confused anyone. I will have the write up done over this weekend. :)

By the way, Timpsons refuse to cut key blanks bought off the internet.

Okay so I decided to fit a RightClick central locking or keyless entry system whatever you want to call it. For £30 I thought it was definitely worth doing.

I placed the receiver box underneath a bit of trim near the pedals. I needed to remove that bit of trim to do some of the wiring under there anyway so I decided that was good place to put the box.

IMG_1518_zpscc10e2d7.jpg

It was just a matter of cutting into certain wires and soldering new wires onto them. I will post the actual colours of the wires and where they are located if anyone asks me :) This is where the majority of the ones you need are located, underneath the bonnet release handle then behind that bit of trim.

IMG_1525_zpsc8574391.jpg

Thankfully the receiver box and key were already pre programmed so it worked straight away.

I also soldered some of the included wires into my indicator wires so it flashes when it locks and unlocks. Again I can explain it in detail if anyone needs :)

• 2 weeks later...

So my new tyres came today :) I got 4x Nankang NS-20 165/50/R15. They will be fitted onto a 6.5j wheel on Saturday. Should have a bit of stretch so I can go lower :thumbup: Will get my wheel alignment sorted too.

Also over the weekend i'll be having a new centre exhaust section fitted. I found out that a previous owner has put some non branded aftermarket exhaust on. It rattles like hell and really annoys me so I can't wait for it to be changed :)

05c87c0e-fc69-4fc1-b783-3ec1afc38222_zps

Got my tyres fitted yesterday, really happy with how they look :)

Wheels were aligned and exhaust centre section changed to a standard VW part.

Nankang NS-20 165/50/R15 onto a 6.5j wheel.

e1f54e2d-7468-4352-90de-272f85ba96f5_zps

IMG_9870_zps76bf90e6.jpg

Need to lower the car more now :shades:.

Those tyres make the wheels look lost.

It's just stretch for the sake of it, no fitment issues, no lows, no tuck.

It just looks daft. (you can tell I'm getting old these days)

Those tyres make the wheels look lost.

It's just stretch for the sake of it, no fitment issues, no lows, no tuck.

It just looks daft. (you can tell I'm getting old these days)

I agree it doesn't look right at the moment but It's definitely not 'stretch for the sake of it'.

It's purely the fact that I haven't had the chance to lower it more yet.

I did have fitment issues previously with 195/50/15 tyres hence why I got these.

I wouldn't just buy smaller tyres for the sake of it haha.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Got round to lowering the Loop a bit more...

Still not keen on how it looks, that probably won't change until I get new wheels.

IMG_1357_zpsccc487ac.jpg

IMG_1358_zps7e9d8192.jpg

IMG_1360_zps3edde69d.jpg

I asked the SE owner to swap lights with me and the answer was a depressing no :thumbdown: I plan on sourcing some Cambridge lights soon though!

Excuse the dirty car and iPhone pics :)

Edited by Adam_14

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for not updating for a while...

As a Christmas gift I was given a brand new Erisin touchscreen double-din headunit from eBay. It looked fantastic, looked really clean with hardly any buttons on the unit. Sadly it didn't work as well as it looked :(

IMG_1557_zps1f53a22a.jpg

Bluetooth didn't connect to my phone, couldn't answer calls or call anybody without the unit having a fit.

Couldn't play music from my phone through a USB. Just didn't like my phone i guess :thumbdown:

The whole touchscreen was quite glitchy also.

Got a full refund.

So me and my Dad were looking around for a week or so to find something that looked the part, and could also do bluetooth calling and iPhone connectivity through USB etc.

Bought this JVC KW-V20BT as it lists everything I wanted it to do, and it wasn't ridiculously over priced like some of the units i'd seen...

Really pleased with the look and the quality of the unit, looks really classy.

IMG_1663_zps56eba5e3.jpg

Should have it fitted some time tomorrow.

Cheers, Adam :thumbsup: