Adam's Bagged Anthracite Lupo. * BAGGED IT*

Adam_14

Hello everyone, I was looking at 1.4 Polo 6n2's and 1.4 Lupo's for my first car for around 6 months. A friend of mine notified me of a Grey 1.4s Lupo that was for sale next door to him. Had to jump at the chance as the car looked amazing in pictures and the price was right.

The car hadn't been driven much by the previous owner which you could tell from the test drive, car was covered in leaves from the tree it had been sat under for months by the sound of things.

The car seemed perfect for me to buy so I did. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Very happy I chose it over a 6n2.

Car Specs

Year: 2002

Mileage: 72k

Engine: 1.4S 75BHP

Colour: Anthracite Grey

Day 1 pics:

IMG_3469_zps1da17c26.jpg

IMG_3420_zps95bd0b08.jpg

First job was to wash the car and machine polish some nasty scratches out!

IMG_3497_zps7434ed00.jpg

I noticed that some badge or cover was missing from the engine bay and soon found out what it was. Engine bay looks loads better with the badge now :)

Before:

IMG_3629_zps5dc54dcf.jpg

After:

IMG_3630_zps37a66799.jpg

I had some very lovely mouldy bump strips so I decided they were my next weekend job.

I had read a few different ways of doing this and soon found they didn't work to well for me! I resulted in pealing off the 12 year old rubbery glue type stuff with my finger nails or now non existent finger nails :lol: Tried using a credit card etc but my nails worked best for me.

Bad News: After taking off the bump strip on one side, I soon found out that some previous owner who clearly had no sense, had put the bump strip back onto the door by screwing straight through the door and leaving me a nice hole, cheers. :angry2: Will soon be filled and touched up. Luckily not too big of a hole!

Pics of bump strip removal:

IMG_3715_zps55d63bae.jpg

IMG_3716_zps242d5d58.jpg

IMG_3717_zps07d5b520.jpg

IMG_3719_zpsa1db9a5c.jpg

Looks much smoother now!

IMG_3731_zpsb62f5a5c.jpg

The window switch on the drivers side for the passenger window wasn't working, could possibly have fixed it but was feeling lazy and bought a new one. Accidentally snapped the surround for the window switches and door locks so around £15-£20 later... Switches working and surround back on :)

Door cards had to come off

IMG_3632_zps0cb791f9.jpg

IMG_3633_zps72dbc7e7.jpg

New Surround and Switch :)

IMG_3635_zpsd7f7c7c8.jpg

That's all for now, got a few more things to do this weekend! Will get this updated early next week with some pictures. Thanks for taking the time to check out my car :)

Cheers, Adam

Edited by Adam_14

Welcome much love for anthracite! I do believe you could have the 75 hype model. What wheels are on it?

Thanks Matt :) I'm not too sure on the name of them but they're 15" 5 spokes which look quite good but they're in a pretty poor condition. Hoping for a change in a few months.

They don't look too bad in this photo.

IMG_3806_zpsac5f995f.jpg

BTW, car looks a bit lowered, is it?

Yeah it's on 60mm springs front and rear (I think) not 100% sure as they were on the car when i bought it. Doesn't look too bad but still want it a bit lower.

Looks good. Almost a twin of my loop, although you have different wheels. And it's 75hp if your wondering mate.

It is almost a twin! Just taken a look at yours, I like it:) Cheers for telling me the bhp, i've seen a few 1.4s loops that have a different engine, guessing they have a different bhp?

Got a new steering wheel, eBay bargain! Bought a Lupo GTI steering wheel which looks exactly the same as the standard Lupo wheel except it has a leather finish and red stitching.

The only difficult part of changing the steering wheels over was removing the air bag, other than that it was fairly straight forward.

Used some Auto Glym leather cleaner on the wheel when it was on the car to get rid of the shiny finish on the wheel. There's a tiny little scuff in the top but other than that it's fine and much better than the discoloured standard plastic wheel.

Old Wheel:

IMG_3801_zpsc2234479.jpg

New Wheel Before Auto Glym treatment:

IMG_3795_zpsc5c33991.jpg

New Wheel After Auto Glym treatment:

IMG_0499_zps835622e1.jpg

IMG_0493_zpsc65358c7.jpg

It is almost a twin! Just taken a look at yours, I like it:) Cheers for telling me the bhp, i've seen a few 1.4s loops that have a different engine, guessing they have a different bhp?

Thanks bud not updated mine in ages I'm a lot lower now :) From what I have seen I think practically all the 1.4 lupos from 2000 onwards are 75hp. It will tell you in your cars hand book that it's 75hp that's how I found out. Anyway going to keep a close eye on this thread, looks interesting :)

Edited by Jamesstrutt

Thanks bud not updated mine in ages I'm a lot lower now :) From what I have seen I think practically all the 1.4 lupos from 2000 onwards are 75hp. It will tell you in your cars hand book that it's 75hp that's how I found out. Anyway going to keep a close eye on this thread, looks interesting :)

You should update it! :) and yeah I had a look in the book last night. Thank you, got lots of little things to do to it soon :)

Small and boring Update:

Both doors were making a horrible cracking/creaking noise when opening and closing. I read a topic on here saying to replace the rubber bushes with metal ones. At 88p each it was a no brainer really!

So drilled the rubber ones out and replaced with metal ones, huge difference :)

Old Rubber Bush:

IMG_3639_zps8482fe2a.jpg

New Metal Bush:

IMG_3644_zpsa76831a0.jpg

IMG_3646_zps7b59be1a.jpg

Also going to CumbriaVAG tomorrow in my mates Lupo who's not on the forum! Anyone else going?

Hey pal...i like what you did with the door straps...i tried looking on ebay but there is a million sizes and types...you couldn't post the link where you got your from could you please?