Wing Mirror Sizes

Tom_C

Hey there,

I know the wing mirrors are different sizes already for passenger and drivers side.

My drivers side took a battering and got hit, looking at replacing it...

Now if I was to buy a drivers side "stubby" mirror, are they the same size as the standard passenger side mirror, or would I have to buy a pair of "stubby" mirrors.

Cheers

I've just replaced mine on the gti after taking a wack, its around 170 from vw with a glass if you need a drivers stubby

i think base models came with both stubby mirrors. i know mine has them both haha

mine is an S, two colour coded stubbys

I think early ones came with double stubbies. A lot of people fit them so even if yours has them, it might not have had them from the factory. They are the same size as the passenger mirror - a stubby drivers mirror is usually a European passenger mirror. Check out german ebay.

Could you go the other way and fit a European drivers side and get two big ones? :P It sounds logical and like it should work, just wondering whether it does! As I'd rather that then two small ones tbh