So its been a while.

HalKK

So its been probably over a year since I logged onto clublupo or done anything to my car, but over the last month I have just had an urge to get back into things. So a few subtle mods later and some not so subtle wheels this is how things have turned out.

I picked up the wheels yesterday and love them, everyone loves a bit of minty fresh right? I want to play around with the height to get things sitting perfectly; the back adjusters are coming out on friday so may have a fiddle with the fronts as well. Hopefully getting the arches rolled soon to offer a little more room for the wheels. Need to get a few other little bits sorted as well; re tint the drivers side window, find some of the plastic covers to go over the tow loop at the front and get the boot and front bumper smoothed. Hopefully get some kind of boot build in the back as well once i have some time and money to spare!

Anyway this is how things are looking at the moment.

IMG_5344.jpg

IMG_5345-Version2.jpg

c50fba99-aafe-4f93-a199-a1f0dd8640b1.jpg

IMG_5355.jpg

Right so yesterday I tried to roll my arches on my own! It was a little harder than I first thought. Armed with a hair drier and a round piece of wood I attacked! I managed to roll them back slightly without cracking any of my paint. It should be enough to get them out the way when I take the rear adjusters out. Which should have been today but my friend let me down!

While the car was up on the jacks I lowered the front down a little, easier said than done because I don't have any C spanners! loads of WD40 and some elbow grease later the front is sitting a little lower now.

image-5.jpg

Its funny, the lower the car gets then the thinner my wallet becomes!

Gave him a little bath as well while I was at it.

image-7.jpg

image-6.jpg

Im going to try and take my rear wiper out today if I get around to it, ill upload some photos if I get it done!

My wheels <3 Good to see them at a good home ;)

they most certainly are at a good home!

can anyone tell me what this is??

image-9.jpg

I have only just seen it and I have no idea what it is!!

Disables the alarm system so you can leave your pet inside and be able to close the car. That way the alarm wouldn't set off.

yea i figured it out once i posted it on Facebook thanks!

Beautiful GTI and color of the wheels

thanks man

• 2 months later...

alright so once again i have left to ages before posting anything, but not much has changed with the car. picked up some pressed plates at edition which is something which I have been meaning to do for a while as my old plates look minging:

IMG_6331.jpg

IMG_6333.jpg

Im still after some second hand cambridge lights if anyone knows of any let me know! after some thought i have decided to take the back seats should be coming out in the next couple of weeks, i figured i never use them and i miss not have a decent sound system!

Only photo from edition

IMG_6322.jpg

and a few random ones i got yesterday;

IMG_6392.jpg

IMG_6393.jpg

IMG_6389.jpg

also, I was wondering is there any way i can polish the lips of my turbos without taking the tires off? i want to get at the areas in between the bolts and its a friken nightmare with them all in, can I deflate the tires and then just take all the bolts out and then polish? Do I even need to deflate the tire? This may sound a really stupid question but these are my first splits so i have no idea!

Could you not remove every other bolt, polish, re bolt then repeat for the other half?

One of my friends suggested that to me, its still gunna be a pain I think and would be so much easier if I could take them all out. i want to the sand the lips to get rid of all the **** thats build up on them. Will I lose tire pressure If i only take out a few at a time while the tire is still inflated?

The main problem, as I see it, is breaking the seal between the lip and the main body. Removing all of them with the tyre still inflated would almost certainly push the lip off meaning a clean up and reseal job.

I may just wait until I take them off for winter and get them sorted while the centres are getting re sprayed, that seems the most logical option!

Edited by HalKK