Street Buyers !

spy

I was wondering if other people have had people trying to buy their Lupo GTi in the street, so to speak.

The first time, a couple of months ago, someone left a note on my windscreen with their number saying they want to buy my wolfie and just now, I popped to the local newsagent and as I got out the car, someone stopped me, told me how much they love them and asked if I wanted to sell it. When I told him it wasn't for sale, he said he would give me a great offer. I declined, obviously.

Do any of you have this happen to you ?

I put it down to the rarity of the little GTIs as I have only had this happen to me once before, when I had a Mk1 Focus RS but I believe these little GTi babies are even rarer.

when i used to drive one of my Rs turbos as a daily. i always used to get stopped especially filling up in petrol stations..... ere mate u fancy selling your car haha...nope lol

yep the rarer they get the more people want lol. ive been seeing quite a few lupo n arosas lately and at some point i think i will have a red or silver gti loop they look awesome.

Wish this would happen to me, I've just put the GTI for sale outside the house and people approaching me would make it easier!

Had a few comments on other cars but non on the Lupo, and it's a proper tidy one too!

Edited by AJB-09

ive had a few people wanting mine since adding wheels and the SE rear lights, like ive always said if the price was right I might

This has happened to me with my silver arosa. Only a one litre mind, had the guy at the garage after it and someone jumped out of a van once and came running into the garage and asked if it was for sale.

I play football on a Monday night, and one of my fellow players has been bugging me for months about selling my Lupo to him.

I would be suspicious. If they wanted a GTI what's to stop them just buying one? I rekon they'd be paying in dodgey notes or something

The only time I've had offers was when I was in the queue at the scrap dealer waiting to scrap a car, not a lupo ;)

Sods law. When you don't want to sell, you get offers. When you come to sell, no one around !

I did the very same thing the other day! - spotted a stunning looking Lupo GTI in my local supermarket car park and popped a note under the wiper blade asking them to call me if they ever wanted to sell. It may seem cheeky but I bought my house using a similar tactic - a letterbox drop.

I've been looking for a clean example for months, scanning the adverts and making enquiries, travelling across the country to view etc. They are rare, especially in Cornwall, and finding one that's been well looked after (both mechanically and aesthetically) seems almost impossible.

There is nothing suspicious in my case, my cash isn't dodgy, I'm simply looking for a cherished car.

I would be suspicious. If they wanted a GTI what's to stop them just buying one? I rekon they'd be paying in dodgey notes or something

The only time I've had offers was when I was in the queue at the scrap dealer waiting to scrap a car, not a lupo ;)

The paranoia is strong in you. Go on eBay, I've never seen more than maybe 2 or 3 GTi's at a time. Plus the fact most of them are either miles away, have high mileage or haven't been cared for properly, and you might be a bit put off. I only see one GTi out and about. I've half considered stopping and asking him what he would take for it.

The reason the guy I play football with wants mine is simple... nothing to do with dodgy notes. He want's a cheap highly economical car with super cheap insurance, and SDI's are becoming rare as rocking horse ****. I think there's only about 1000 S models left and even less E models. Coin that with the fact they're Volkswagen so are a bit nicer inside than other cheap hatchbacks. Don't think there's anything suspicious at all.

Come to think of it, this happened to me about a month ago but I only have a 1.4SE. After leaving my car at the local garage to get the tracking sorted and picking it up later on, they informed me that their tyre supplier had been and expressed an interest in buying the loop during his round. He then came back later to have a good look round and told thegarage to ring him if I wanted to sell, as he was very interested in buying the car!

Tbh along with it's character, that's one of the reasons I choose to buy a Lupo in the first place - If I ever wanted to sell, I would easily get back what I paid and maybe more (minus expenses) as they are quite sort after. :)