Raven Blue GTi - New stuff :)

Dom_VW

Looks absolutely ace, what back box is that pal?

Looks like the Janspeed one to me, I may be wrong though.

Cheers guys, ive just noticed the new exhaust can only be seen on the Black & White photo (Last one), its a custom system from Infinity Systems in Bristol :) Really great quality and craftmanship!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking great as always mate might see you and the car at ultimate stance if me and the missus can make it!

Cheers man, did you make it to Ultimate Stance?

Looks spot on, probably my favourite on here :paperbag:

Cheers! Yours is sweet though, love the fact you have some RWs always wanted a set or RCs but could never find a set haha :(

Very nice Lupo.

Thanks!

Well surprisingly the car made it inside at Ultimate Stance which i was really happy about, i genuinely didn't expect it and it left me with little time to get things sorted haha. Well i finally got the Gotti's rebuilt as i've been meaning to for ages and im so happy with how they came out. Got everything done locally on them and saved myself a fortune! Also got a really good mate of mine to spend a day machine polishing it too haha it come out surprisingly well and looked pretty good under those unforgiving lights inside at Telford! Some panels do need paintwork though but i can't really complain as the majority of the car is still original paint as gets driven everyday, does well over 1000 miles a month! Not bad for a 12 year old car! Heres some pictures from Ultimate Stance. All credit to the photographers :)

15108565554_e7f78bb51f_z.jpgUntitled by dom_vw, on Flickr

15704805276_fff3fd0158_z.jpgUntitled by dom_vw, on Flickr

15543672420_60b94968db_z.jpgUntitled by dom_vw, on Flickr

15730076372_ff70d3274e_z.jpgUntitled by dom_vw, on Flickr

15543671010_5f4cfe8e34_z.jpgUntitled by dom_vw, on Flickr

15543673300_be0ef9b605_z.jpgUntitled by dom_vw, on Flickr

15726596661_49376d5140_z.jpgUntitled by dom_vw, on Flickr

15728526595_79fb762a8c_z.jpgUntitled by dom_vw, on Flickr

15109136313_f021437ded_z.jpgUntitled by dom_vw, on Flickr

15108566834_4bdb4d1580_z.jpgUntitled by dom_vw, on Flickr

15728528885_3c63420cb5_z.jpg by dom_vw, on Flickr

15542628539_503488502d_z.jpgUntitled by dom_vw, on Flickr

15109136363_e9e224e42b_z.jpgUntitled by dom_vw, on Flickr

Thanks for looking guys! :) Time to get some more stuff done now for over winter got a few ideas and tweaks i want to do. :)

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Well it's definitely not as flashy as it once was, but it's still going strong, albeit the bodywork needs a bit of TLC.  Hopefully it will get a lick of paint and an OEM+ look in the future, but the plus side is considering it is now on moon miles, it still drives mint and is being driven daily 😊

IMG_20190504_224925_808.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 7:20 AM, Blue Loop said:

I prefer the way it looks on your picture. Keep the updates coming!

I agree. OEM plus is the way to go now. I like the RWs, need to dig mine out again.

F8196F57-CEC8-4FD3-84CA-9CFA1DC64B83.jpeg

16 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

I'm not sure about RW's on GTi's to be honest. On non-GTi's on the other hand, they look awesome.

Should I sell mine then? Sure they will fund the refurbs of my two sets of Bathurst.

I was thinking of getting them coated in anthracite, but could sell them bare and let the new owner decide 🤔

40434424-C110-4FF5-BFF8-450800C5539C.jpeg

7 hours ago, Silver! said:

Should I sell mine then? Sure they will fund the refurbs of my two sets of Bathurst.

I was thinking of getting them coated in anthracite, but could sell them bare and let the new owner decide 🤔

I'd keep one set of each instead of 2x the same...

As for the colour, that's a very personal thing. I rarely like wheels in any colour other than silver (this is +200 positive points :cheeky:)

13 minutes ago, Blue Loop said:

I'd keep one set of each instead of 2x the same...

As for the colour, that's a very personal thing. I rarely like wheels in any colour other than silver (this is +200 positive points :cheeky:)

I have 10 Bathursts (maybe 11 🧐)

Thoughts:

5 to be done OE silver (6 if I have 11)

5 to be done anthracite

Sell 5 x BBS RW

or

5 Bathursts OE silver

5 BBS RW anthracite

sell set of 5 Bathursts

Hmmm, decisions, descisions, descisions 🧐

53 minutes ago, Blue Loop said:

This.

I was looking at a set of 16" BBS RS761, but I'm not sure if I can be bothered. Bit rough too.

I remember wheels in the 50's were discs with hub caps, 60's were all Pepper pot G60's style. In the seventies, they were Enzos (or many thin spokes), 80's split rims then three spokes, 90's were five spokes, 00's Teddy's and wierd combos and now a reverse cross of custom hot rod rims mixed with split rims. Rivets everywhere. It's definitely trends and fashion. My personal favs are the chunky looking 5 spoke mags like you get on Starsky and Hutch car. Not that they'd fit a loop. Now, how about wire spoke wheels?

Nurse, bring me my pipe and slippers.

Edited by mk2

1 hour ago, mk2 said:

I remember wheels in the 50's were discs with hub caps, 60's were all Pepper pot G60's style. In the seventies, they were Enzos (or many thin spokes), 80's split rims then three spokes, 90's were five spokes, 00's Teddy's and wierd combos and now a reverse cross of custom hot rod rims mixed with split rims. Rivets everywhere. It's definitely trends and fashion. My personal favs are the chunky looking 5 spoke mags like you get on Starsky and Hutch car. Not that they'd fit a loop. Now, how about wire spoke wheels?

Nurse, bring me my pipe and slippers.

Slot mag alloys were the alloys of the 60s 

B08E3E99-17E4-4A64-A392-5E32C7C29642.jpeg

20 hours ago, Silver! said:

I have 10 Bathursts (maybe 11 🧐)

Thoughts:

5 to be done OE silver (6 if I have 11)

5 to be done anthracite

Sell 5 x BBS RW

or

5 Bathursts OE silver

5 BBS RW anthracite

sell set of 5 Bathursts

Hmmm, decisions, descisions, descisions 🧐

I am surprised ray you don't have a set of bbs 814.... These are the OE wheel option for the Gti in forgein markets (i wonder why we did not get these in the Uk?)

34 minutes ago, lupo1.0se said:

I am surprised ray you don't have a set of bbs 814.... These are the OE wheel option for the Gti in forgein markets (i wonder why we did not get these in the Uk?)

I am surprised also.