Nitrous - Good or Bad?

twisty b-road

Nitrous - Good or Bad?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My friend works for Vauxsport and fit this reguarly. I did concider a 25bhp kit, just got too much to do yet to think about the engine.

Its the same as anything.

Abuse it and your gonna fry your engine but if your dont go over board, (25bhp on mine would be ok, a 50bhp would probably be ok for a GTi) its when you start sticking a 75bhp kit on and expecting fast and furious!

lol yea 100 bhp on a diesel they NOS better than petrols due to the fact that the engines are a lot stronger with uprated pistons and liners a very good friend of mine fits the kits and said 100 should be achiveable soooooo will keep ya all updated wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

100BHP!

You mad?

:0

A lad I know, fitted a 100bhp shot of NX to his Fiesta powered by a 2 litre Zetec and it lasted 3 months before having to replace the engine.

Most you can (safely) fit is 25bhp to your car.

50bhp at a push, 75 you'll fry ya engine.

Ive a mate who works for Vaulksport and fits this stuff on a daily basis, he explained what can be done and what can't, and 100bhp cant be fitted to a Lupo engine.

Any Lupo engine.

Helped to fit a 75bhp kit to my bosses old Alpina B10 which he has running on LPG, goes like stink but wouldn't touch it on mine. Not going to be good for the sale value and you are always going to wear out engine parts faster and increase the chances of things going bang with the extra stresses. Also got the throttle and gas intake off a off shore power boat to replace the injectors for the gas, gets 8mpg but almost 350bhp before the nos kicks in biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

If I recall correctly Seat TDi your from SeatCupra.net.

I think your brave in your quest to fit a 100bhp shot of nos to your 1.4 TDi. Really yes, Diesels do run on Nos better than petrols but please PM me, about where and when you plan to run the 100 shot. I want to bring my camera.

PM me too i want to see this. i rekon it will kick ass.

whats the difference in bunging a turbo and running the engine constantly at higher stresses or a shot of nos every now and again. i rekon the NOS is less ware and tare.

QUOTE(Putney)
whats the difference in bunging a turbo and running the engine constantly at higher stresses or a shot of nos every now and again. i rekon the NOS is less ware and tare.

10 points to that man wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />