Gti problems :-(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Had my gti a week, getting a few problems and only driven 80 miles from the dealer!!

First had the engine check light up. Then EPC light, then ABS light. The last 2 lights dissapeared on some occasions and it drove fine. Started it today to warm up, then after a short journey, went to start it up again, and nothing, no ignition turn over, just a faint 'electrical' noise when I turn the key.

Had a search and can't find anything on here. I'm praying it's something simple but dreading the worst!

Sounds like you could have a dead battery. I've had this happen to me a couple of times when leaving the car standing for a while..

The dealer might have jump started/trickle charged it a little but really you need to get a reading off the battery to see if it's healthy and if it's not then replace it..

check the battery and also its getting a charge, mine did the same as the GTi's seem to sit on forcourts for a while before they sell

Thanks for all the help :)

So went to try the car this morning and even the central locking had stopped working altogether, so bought a new battery and that sorted the not starting issue.

Still got an engine check light on though? I'm assuming that's due to all the other warning lights that have been on?

Yeah itl probably need clearing buddy. New battery sorted my locking/alarm issues. Being sat on a forecourt and having the doors opened and closed and the engine not being used will soon muiller a battery.

And the plot thickens. I'm currently sat in the Lupo, at the side of the road, broken down with the aa on the way. Ran fine last night and this morning for starters. Then all the warning lights came up lost power and juddered to a halt.

Alternator?

Bosch alternator, about £90 after i take the old one back. Made the trader pay for it though!

Fitted it tonight, now runs spot on, need to clear the codes though, engine check light is still on!

Thanks for the advice guys

Edited by Benjamin