Arnold the Arosa Sport (Picture Heavy) * SNOW PICTURE!*

jbarrows

Just cleaned and has the odd little touch, nothing to fancy, I have plans though, nothing aesthetic though apart from the spoiler.

Ah, spoiler, i think i have one too .. painted in black now :shifty:

So much money for what they are but they really do help make that rear end look a bit more aggressive :thumbsup:

Headunit is looking good! Makes me want to order mine ASAP! The rest of your plans sound good also :)

Haha cheers buddy, ill get some snaps of it in soon, just need to get the wiring sorted out and install the rear speakers properly.

Tomorrow is quite a big day for Arnold, its MOT time, might treat him to a few presents if he passes!

Fail mot as headlight bulb was not sitting in at correct angle and airbag light is on (due to seats not being plugged in as the connections are different).

I'll be attempting to solve these 2 problems today as Arnold is book back in for a retest tomorrow!

What a load of crap!

Indeed! Headlights are now sorted out, however airbag light can not be turned off due to it keeps coming on as seats arnt plugged in.

I have put resistors in the under seat airbag wiring to try and trick it into having an airbag install but it will not have it!

Yep, my arosa came with airbag seats from standard (optional extra maybe?). anyway i put resistors in and tried turning off with vagcom but still no joy!
I have blanked the airbag light off with a piece of card and have sent it back in for a retest today just hoping theyll turn a blind eye to it and pass it as to pass an mot the airbag light should light up with go off but worth a try i suppose!

Mine has airbags!

Disconnect the battery overnight, may clear it. If not, vagcom it!

I think when I did my wheel the resistor was actually a small blade fuse, and i'm sure i read something somewhere that once the light is on you have to reset it to make it go, whether that be with vagcom or disconnecting the battery may do it!

You have sirocco seats though don't you? but how would the Airbag know if it was there or not?

Passed MOT! Although he pass the MOT i will still be looking into 'the correct way' of getting the airbag light back to how it should be for next years MOT!
Picked a load of bits up for Arnold last weekend also! All will be revealed later..

Can you make a loom between the two adapters? And what bits?!! I love bits!

I shall post a few pictures tonight of things i tried yesterday, but i think ive already tried that, i shall show you and see what you think :)

Hahaa the 'bits' in question have had a big hit on the bank account thats all ill say :twisted:

Get a Momo and then just delete the airbag system completely haha :thumbsup:

Hahaa to be honest i cant see 13 year old airbags working anyway, I do have some other plans for the steering wheel (Mentioned a weeks ago page 7-8 maybe) :shifty:

I shall post a few pictures tonight of things i tried yesterday, but i think ive already tried that, i shall show you and see what you think :)

Hahaa the 'bits' in question have had a big hit on the bank account thats all ill say :twisted:

Hahaa to be honest i cant see 13 year old airbags working anyway, I do have some other plans for the steering wheel (Mentioned a weeks ago page 7-8 maybe) :shifty:

I'm waiting on a delivery myself! Ill PM you my thoughts.

I'm waiting on a delivery myself! Ill PM you my thoughts.

Ill make sure I have a look later on then :thumbsup:

Sack the GTI wheel off and get a Cupra one!

Ibiza FR wheel is the plan, preferably the flat bottom one :shades:

Hey there, just a quick one I've just bought some red gti seat belts for my T reg poverty spec red lupo and have read there was issues fitting the gti seat belts into the rear, did you have any problems with this or was it fairly straight forward?

Lovely looking Arosa by the way would love those seats in mine.

Thanks,

Matt

Havent posted this week mainly due to the fact that ive been enjoying driving Arnold!
Theres still a few things which need sorting out yet though to get him running exactly how i want and I think ive got the 'Power bug'.
Tomorrow ill be doing a full detail (will take a loads of pictures) and also ill post up some of the bits that I have waiting to be fitted!

Next saturday at 10am Arnold is booked in for a bit of work which a few of your 1.4 16v 100bhp owners might be interested in!

Heres a quick snap of him parked outside my work (Will be going lower when springs have settled and certain 'parts' have been fitted!)

A3E09637-D6D6-4F77-8C91-38FFAAC4381A_zps

Very nice! I was looking at the Mii leather steering wheel, not too sure if it'd look right.

Never seeb a Mii wheel in a Lupo/Arosa so break the mould and get it sorted dude!

Hey there, just a quick one I've just bought some red gti seat belts for my T reg poverty spec red lupo and have read there was issues fitting the gti seat belts into the rear, did you have any problems with this or was it fairly straight forward?

Lovely looking Arosa by the way would love those seats in mine.

Thanks,

Matt

Nope pretty straight forward tbh! However make sure you get them at the right angle when your fitting them or they will seem as though they are jammed due to the ball bearing inside not sitting where it should! + The red belts make you think your in something super fast haha!

Got the autosol metal polish and attacked the exhaust and manifold that I brought a couple of weeks ago! Hopefully it will give it a bit of a growl like a 'sport' model should :)

Ashley 4-1 manifold

Scorpion catback

5AC1478C-60EE-40E1-ABA8-3E6E753C575D_zps

A40706CC-6824-4700-9CE8-77F0E1606CEF_zps