Carpeting rear seats?

Photo when you do this. I've never seen this before. Sounds weird but with the potential to be truly awesome :)

http://www.mrbrook.co.uk/dropbox/lupo5.jpg

Guess he means like this?

I want to do mine too, someone on here found some carpet that was a perfect match, but can't remember who now....

Maybe a boot carpet from a breakers yard would do the trick and some carpet spray glue? Small roller to press it into the contours of the seat.... I need to do this!!

Edited by lupogtiboy

Yeah that's the one, we it be easier to go a local carpet shop or eBay? Also would it need to be high temp fabric glue like many people use for headlinings? Thanks for your help guys!

When I stripped the rear seats out of the ST I just order a few square metres from ebay. Search for VW boot carpet.

Shouldn't need high temp for that application (happy to be corrected though!)

I do like that. The backs get marked with all the stuff I use the boot for.

Same. Mine were pretty scuffed when I got the car, but I put in a metal container with some tools in and they're now a bit scratched unfortunately :( Still, now I know a way I can cover it up :D

Plasti dip?

Hmm, I did think about plasti-dip, but wouldn't it peel off as soon as something brushed against it?

I need to do mine from where I mounted an amplifier years ago, and where my current one rubs on the back of the seat!