VW Gamma

So i bought a Gamma HU, for I plan to add 2 speakers in the back and i'm into the OEMness of the dash. Sure the seller omitted to tell me he spilled coffee or something with sugar and the left buttons near the volume are hard to press, they still work as usual, but they stick and it buggers me.

Removed the front panel, with the buttons, thought it's easier to remove button by button to clean them, but it's not that easy.

Question is, do you know a way to clean the stickiness, w/out removing the buttons? Maybe spraying medicinal alcohol?

Somekind of solvent that won't harm plastic parts, like isopropyl alcohol and compressed air should do the trick.

How did you get the panel off? Im planning to change the display colors on mine, but can't get the front panel apart. Do I have to remove the t8 torx screws or what? Don't really want to brake anything.

There's two cross screws on the sides and then you must prinse and pull from the bottom. The panel comes off with the circuit board, all you need to do is to remove those little screws.

We use anti-static foam cleaner for cleaning laptops at work. Spray on, work with a paint brush wipe off and clean up with a clean dry paint brush.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't installed it yet, but i want to ask about the connectors, it will be plug'n-play from the Beta? What connectors do i need for the rear speakers, or how can i connect the rear speakers?

Yes, it's a plug and play swap from the beta to the gamma.

You will need to populate the speaker connector as it will currently only have wires in for the front speakers. Pin out is as below.

gammapinout.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Installed the Gamma today, although something weird happens, after i start the engine, i get almost to NO bass at all! Maybe someone who has more knowledge than me can offer an advice.

Thanks!

Decided to dig deeper and after a few searches, i found this - http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1019583

I'm experiencing the same problems ever since i changed the Beta with the Gamma - and since my stereo hasn't been swapped before, i suspect it's the same issue. Asked a mate to bring the vag-com so i can check if it's a matter of coding.

I'll be updating this.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, coded to Lupo/Polo, but it still doesn't work, was a placebo. I don't know what the issue might be.

Was playing with buttons today and I pressed TIM, music stopped, then when it came back, boom, bass fully working for like 1 second, then slowly fading away - i'm so pissed.