Best Speakers

ChrisHallam

To be honest Chris, anything cheap won't be better than the stock speakers. VW speakers aren't like Peugeot or Ford, they're actually quite good and seem to last very well. I promise you a set of £20 crappers from Halfords will not sound better, there's a good chance they'll actually sound worse!!

Aye I thought the speakers were pretty good but they've started to become 'rattly'. I'd say my budget would be 100 quid. Cheers for the advice everyone!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIONEER-500W-TOTAL-3-WAY-6-5-INCH-16-5cm-CAR-DOOR-SHELF-COAXIAL-SPEAKERS-PAIR-/111324254554?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item19eb71515a

Also will anyone be able to tell me if these will fit, Cheers :)

Edited by ChrisHallam

Dblock, a half decent set of co-ax aren't that bad, but I'm not convinced they're better than OEM. He should try dampening before investing lots, if rattles are the issue.

Dblock, a half decent set of co-ax aren't that bad, but I'm not convinced they're better than OEM. He should try dampening before investing lots, if rattles are the issue.

The nature of the beast is that equally priced components are always better. Plus you will have xovers and tweeters. So if you disconnected the oem tweeters your soundstage is too low and if you leave them it could be unbalanced.