My Silver VW Lupo 1.4

Hawkey52

I've been meaning to post on here for a while now. i purchased my Lupo in November 2013 and haven't really done much to it, but i have finally finished paying back my family that lent me the money and now it all begins. one thing i stupidly done was not take many pics of it as i bought it! so this is what I've got.

the original images of the ad...

abf02938-42a7-48a0-94af-886b52d59722_zps

68232d69-caad-4428-8f6f-486d54cb9e21_zps

8c5401b8-2726-4256-87cb-e27606113c3a_zps

since purchasing the car i have fitted pressed number plates.

maxsiphone21213351_zps78ff94af.jpg

i have also 're vamped' my tatty headlining.

maxsiphone21213427_zps8391a75e.jpg

this was the origional look.. but it didnt work out and i had to re think so this happened...

iphone31-12-13289_zps83ef02af.jpg

iphone31-12-13290_zpsdc9b5719.jpg

iphone31-12-13291_zpsd1a72614.jpg

iphone31-12-13295_zps4f22d1dd.jpg

sorry about the poor images..

i then re sprayed my steels black untill i got some new wheels, and then the most recent thing was tinting the front indicators yellow..

IMG_4783_zpsa3792fae.jpg

so this is my little car so far, i plan to get a new rear bumper ( as mine is battered ) and also de badging.

if anyone has any tips or ideas i'm open to take them.

Max.

car looks clean mate, similar to min! :thumbsup:

Have you ever thought about removing the bump strips of the side? look so much smoother with them off.

yeah looks it! and yeah i have but i keep getting put of from doing it.. for example my mum opened her car door onto mine! of all people and they saved it so they may come of at a later date im thinking...

so today and yesterday a few things happened...

i de-badged and colour coded the rear badge.

IMG_4809_zps1c1e2e28.jpg

IMG_4813_zps700e793a.jpg

the badge came off and apart...

IMG_4848_zps841d174e.jpg

IMG_4849_zps93a93178.jpg

IMG_4850_zps4d34ea87.jpg

IMG_4858_zps8f31441e.jpg

and the final piece..

IMG_4861_zps224b0ed7.jpg

so thats it for now! i have managed to find myself a set of 4 baby G60's with tyres that are on their way!

Damn that head liner is raaaaaad!! and also loving the colour coded badge, looks ace man! keep it up buddy!

cheers man! yeah small and subtle but certainly makes a difference! and i will do.. alot of plans for this little car.

pictures of the split screen !!!!!

haha though someone may notice that in the corner! i will post some soon

I have a question for anyone that can help, i want some rear speakers, mine has the holes in the panel but does anyone know what size i need and do i just put them behind the panel?

Cheers,

Max.

Erm I think, don't quote me on this, but I think the fronts will fit in the rears, so the size as the fronts, and I doubt your door cards will fit back over unless you modify them.

Edited by mattarosa

Hi there,

Car looks great, what material did you use for the interior of the roof?

It is simply a duvet cover bought of eBay, as i have done mine i am now seeing more people use the same one. there are a lot on there but this one seems to be the most appealing :D however it is an awesome easy little mod!

• 3 months later...

Right, after my exams are all out the way and summer has come to an end i have remembered to come here and give an update about leeroy and also get some advice. i managed to get my hands on some baby G60's (14 inch) and im currently refurbing them but i need help as to what tyre sizes to get to best fit the wheels whilst also looking good...

pictures of leeroy's progress will be coming tonight!

Clean looking car, I wanted to do that to my headliner darn it! Haha plan b activate, seems I have a larger badge than you as the black part of mine over lapped the recess or did you trim yours?

Tidy car though keep it up!

so this is the second attempt at this update...

alot of things have happened since the car was last shown, some good not so good.

1) new rear bumper to replace the old deformed one. also gave the rear a good clean whilst everything was of...

IMG_4864_zps68bb186c.jpg

IMG_4861_zps224b0ed7.jpg

2) The coilovers arrived!!!!!

IMG_0653_zpscfb43860.jpg

as soon as they had arrived they were straight onto the car!

Before:

IMG_0655_zpse7499e1e.jpg

After:

IMG_0663_zps0948ee88.jpg

The car was at an amazing height, i then tested it on what would be my daily route and realized for the time being i needed to go up a bit more. To do so i bought some normal height JOM rear springs as the setup i bought was running on the helpers.

3) Not much happened for a while after that until i came across a reflex silver lower valance with fogs in it! so i bought it and then had a nightmare trying to fit remove the old one and try to fit the new valance. I also purchased a new grill that was not cracked and fitted this at the same time.

IMG_5689_zps0f92dfd5.jpg

IMG_5690_zpsaa1fed21.jpg

This image also shows the height that i settled with for the car, and also that i decided to put on the hub caps because i preferred them to all black standard steelies.

4) I then bought a set of oem roof bars for cheap and also a set of wind deflectors.

IMG_5775_zps853fd382.jpg

5) Took the door cards apart and sprayed the handles matte black and gloss black.

IMG_5656_zps74e094ce.jpg

IMG_5669_zps8da9d12d.jpg

Thats a quick update as to whats happened with the loop.. i have also got new wheels! so i will be updating with that soon!

Max

So I bought some baby G60's (passat steels as some call them) that needed a but of a refurb...

IMG_4982_zpsb9ebcec8.jpg

IMG_4963_zpsc67f6829.jpg

I started to refurb them and flat them down ready to paint.The original idea was to keep the OEM look and go for silver steels.

IMG_4988_zps09b72c13.jpg

IMG_6233_zps92795453.jpg

Then just before I was about to buy the paint my dads mate offered to spray them professionally for me, any colour I wanted. So this was the first trial:

IMG_6301_zps6081ac95.jpg

this purple was a bit to dark so i asked him to make it a but lighter, In the end we settled onto a colour and this was the outcome:

IMG_6348_zpsad679228.jpg

IMG_6350_zps1b9f5e80.jpg

IMG_6352_zps6fdcd132.jpg

IMG_6345_zps409fa157.jpg

I went for 165/60/r14 tyres to get a slight stretch. I only had enough for 2 without making my self broke to i fitted two of the old 185/60 tyres onto the back until I have enough money to get two more!

IMG_6353_zpsc22575b4.jpg

The next plans for the car are to tidy up the paintwork and carry out some more interior mods to make it a bit more unique!

Max