02 Arosa TDi cutting out

Happens while driving along normally. Happened 3 times and everytime it is after a few miles (3 or 4) of driving, so probably just about warmed up. Engine dies and oil pressure warning comes on. Pull over, wait a few seconds and it will start up and be fine for a few days and then do it again. No error codes are thrown up. I'm thinking it is electrical, but anyone had similar?

Edited by lizzy

Get it scanned, could be a number of things and I would not drive it if possible.

U281 is a good scanner for peanuts, or buy a VCDS lead then download VCDS Lite.

Could be oil pressure switch, but shouldn't cause it to turnoff

Could be camshaft sensor

Could be something else :P

Best to get it scanned to start with

• 4 weeks later...

Right, getting worse as it has done it for the last 3 days (twice on the M1!). It doesn't splutter or anything, just goes dead. This time it didn't re-start first time. Took 3 or 4 attempts to re-start. Turns over but doesn't fire. Any ideas?

And still no codes I bet?

when was the last time your fuel filter was changed? could do the trick could even be the fuel pump.

Have you checked all vacuum hoses for leaks in the engine bay, might be worth a check to start with, though could be unlikely a fault with that, but never know

I'd try relay 109 first.

I'm having this problem and it hasn't fixed it.

I have also tried 405.

I'm pretty sure it's fuel related.

I'm going to start looking into it this week so I will find a definitive solution.

I'd try relay 109 first.

I'm having this problem and it hasn't fixed it.

I have also tried 405.

I'm pretty sure it's fuel related.

I'm going to start looking into it this week so I will find a definitive solution.

I've got a 109 on order so will update when I've tried it, but keep me posted.

I've got a 109 on order so will update when I've tried it, but keep me posted.

Shall do.

Have you noticed that the deviants of this forum have a 'girls of club lupo thread'.

Hi Lizzy, :ninja:

^ Lizzy might be hot so I'm going to ruin any potential chance you had to find out by posting something really derogatory and kill all chances you have.

And you have, cheers !

• Like 1

HaHa! I wasn't aware of that thread, but I am now! Maybe I should change my username? As despite it appearing that I am a girl I do in fact have bollox. At least the last time I looked anyway.

That's no fun.

This cutting out lark is abasolutely doing my nut in, I look like a ****.

I really should get on it.

• 3 years later...

Rich

Did you ever find out the issue, so far i have replaced the Fuel Filter, Fuel pump, 109 relay, crank sensor (one at the front of the engine - bitch to replace lol). VCDS and other scanners have come up with no Faults.

Mine does it without fail every day, i can get from home to work (22miles) car sits all day i drive home and at the same spot it cuts out. i can usually catch it and foot on clutch and restart while coasting and can get home without another issue.  sometimes if i put my foot on the clutch and just before 10k i lift the clutch and sort of bump start and it carries on again.

Thanks in advance