Meet Bernard The 'Bagged' Shed - CL "Car to watch 2015" *MASSIVE CATCH UP ON ITS WAY*

amckenzie

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't updated this is awhile, cars taken a back seat over christmas but by god work will start in the ew year... new front end is currently getting couriered to me as we speak, wheels, I'm picking them up next week. then interior will start!!

okay updates...

old normal lights are boring so i decided to change them up..

7071F772-DB09-43B6-B4D2-07CCE404D435_zps

To crack head lights! bernard looks like he's wired 110% of the time, its brilliant!

7BBC8838-FD01-419F-84C0-CF88580E1FA3_zps

with the crazy vortex grill they look brilliant, haters gunnnnna haaaateeeee :P

okay so just before christmas Bernard decided to be a boob and break one of the back fittings, so the car would drop from 110PSI in the rear bags all the way to nothing in the matter of minutes... 110psi was only to test by the way aha.

A4466CF1-0CAA-4D59-AFD9-5AF38FC8BFB4_zps

He was left like this for a day or so, silly car!!

Ok so wheels will be here within a week or so, they are 15 x 8j et 20 bernard will have a nice fat bootie and a wee bit of camber, cannot wait to get them on. so bored of the sport wheels!! but the wait will be worth it!!

Bumper update, i may of brought a 3L front bumper which ill be cutting up and frankenstein it into some rad for the front end!!

okay so I hate winter...

Driving to my girlfriend last last night, didnt realise the road was sheet ice, i thought it was just went. Rear end start to slide out so I turned the wheel to bring it back a little, front end slide hard. I turnt and cover compensated for the slide. Smacked a curb, next think i know im in a ditch 1 minute from my girlfriends house.

4973A23F-6307-418B-BADB-74F922F9A06C_zps

Want to know the best part of this story?

Bernard came out of this with no damage, no scratches. no nothing. I don't know how he managed it... by god i have a bad back and neck but Bernard is all good so i don't mind.

Luckily i didn't have my new front end on or my new wheels..... or bolts.... (josh)

so I'm pretty stoked! my 21st is coming up in 17 days, my mum said to me this morning if i could find a nice personalised plate that has my initials or my name on. ill be aloud to have that...... so searching and searching finally found one.....

ScreenShot2015-01-02at122413_zps513131a5

So my full name is Alex Harry Mckenzie.... so ALLX HM. I thought this was pretty rad compared to others I saw. just a nice little touch to the car :)

Hope you all had a rad new year.... i certainly did!!

Ok so winter prep has begun....

First off was to relocate my gauge for my bags.... finally, up to my centre console, the soul reason why i got a arose centre console in the first place!!

E73359B4-F51D-4F8E-AEF8-65CE07B4BC5D_zps

First of all just rip everything out.... and try and find a gap where you can run the air line up the back... some how i found a space just to the right to put the air line down and it ended around the heater controls, which was near perfect for me :)

D57BC90C-F5E5-4C74-94C9-B92018C0E85B_zps

I grabbed some spare MDF and rough cut it into a 3' circle and started to sand it down bit by bit to get the ply to fit. Then soon realised i should of cut the hole for the gauge first but....hey ho it will work out in the end.

E793E419-358B-48C7-838A-30AD986786F0_zps

Best thing about doing this sort of thing in MDF is you can sand it down sooooo smooth for a nice tight fit on the gauge.

E70BE407-F1DB-4945-BC5B-B2C5A5CE0383_zps

I needed to keep the back flap shut so as little heat gets to the back of the gauge as possible so i drilled two holes and sanded them smooth. grabbed some sealant and sealed the flap down. before i sealed i snapped the middle pin so the driver side still opens and closes. this one stays shut and nicely sealed.

1DF86E12-A99F-425D-8978-7C4E359126DE_zps

Looks o much cleaner and now its out of the way of all the heater dials so i don't have to look down when I'm driving. need to wrap the little bit of mdc in black vinyl so it matches the centre console. was running out of light and you know that the lower centre console is a ball ache to put back!

Head unit is now not working.... so hope i can get it fixed!!

Ok so i posted this on the Lupo page on Facebook and it got quite a bit of attention.

This is, fingers crossed, will be the look for ultimate dubs in March, hopefully i can find a vinyl printers that can print this big :)

oh yea... new wheels btw :P

10386278_10153512665124027_2570259648758