Meet Bernard The 'Bagged' Shed - CL "Car to watch 2015" *MASSIVE CATCH UP ON ITS WAY*

amckenzie

Okay so here is part 1 of the Air ride build for Bernard :)

first off, strip the boot out back to nothing, see what we have to play with.

D08173DA-B219-454A-BA97-12A8D04E933F_zps

In the end looking at the boot build i decided to use the orignal build, mainly because it was already there and a good base to work off....time to strip the alcentra off...

C7C6D8B6-2206-491D-94CD-F824DE71C5D6_zps

So the plan was to sink the tank just enough to bolt it under neath and have the compresser behind it...

28708DF2-01DB-404B-BFDC-7C2C6A99C9D4_zps

We measured out where the feet of the tank would sit, so we could just drop it into the holes so the belly of the tank would sit on the wood.

48f91451-884c-4d7f-bc00-1817e9008715_zps

so its sunken and bolted to a peice of timber that runs under neath and through the ;legs of the tank...time to slap on the compressor...

203A4F24-9FC9-4B25-8413-23E15F42BD4D_zps

At some point i will make a shake reducing plate, but for the time being, its fine where it is. knowing me ill change this round very month ahah

EB2FEBFE-53EA-46AF-AF0B-5691FF0F2EF9_zps

bosh, its in and ready to be wired up and plumbed in. I will probably turn the tank around and sink it some more, also hide the compressor underneath in a little sound/vibrate proof box somewhere. then to think how ill cover the full boot build it self. im think a dark wood laminate floor....hmmmm

Stay tuned for part 2 :thumbup: