Anthracite Grey - How Much!?

jibunit

Hello,

Just wondered if I could get some idea of what price people would expect to pay for a 2004 Lupo GTI in Anthracite Grey - I inherited it from new and its only got a legit 34k on the clock.

It's had no work on it, no mods, maybe a scuff on the alloys but thats about it...

I've had a look around and there seem to be nothing in the same colour with as little mileage - so I have no idea about realistic price...

Any help, 'nuff appreciation.

Cheers.

• Like 1

You could be looking for well in excess of 6 grand, assuming the mileage and condition are as you describe.

Unbutchered GTi's are seemingly quite rare and one with as low mileage as yours must be pretty desirable.

Sounds nice. Full service history?

Depending how quickly you want to move it really. Like said, put it on for £6.5k-ish, but expect to wait around and haggle a bit for\with the person who is willing to part with top dollar, or list it a bit lower and someone will snap your hand off.

R

Awesome, thanks guys. I thought it might be about that (with the rare colour) but that was just my opinion..

Sounds nice. Full service history?

Indeed it has. It's not put a foot wrong - but its literally been owned at the same time as an Oyster Card and a mtn bike, hence the mileage!

To add a little to the above. There was an Anthracite GTI for sale on Autotrader about a year ago. The same car, or rather its seller, was discussed on here briefly. I also rang up the guy saying I'd heard about the car on here before seeing it on Autotrader.

He hated the thing but had had multiple enquiries on it. Sold within a week I think.

Nice sounding car by the way!

Rare colours are rare, because nobody wanted them when they were new. It will only gather more interest in the VW community.

Red was the only standard colour, all the others being chargeable options.

I think it was a case of my brother playing too much Gran Turismo and then literally buying the same car in real life.

Also I just discovered the Lupo Cup was a legit thing - awesome.

I s'pose there is the wait thing for a special colour, but I thought all the optional colours were the same cost.

Still, VW decided to punt most of them out in silver for good reason :yes:

I paid £4900 for an Anthracite 03 with 49000 on the clock - had the wheels refurbed and it now looks stunning. If yours is a year younger with that mileage I'd be looking for around £6k, there's only 30-35 Anthracite GTIs on the road, never mind with such low mileage.

I paid £3,800 for my Anthracite 03 in September 2013. It's got leather seats and a sunroof which is also quite rare I believe! Only downside was the mileage at 91,000. It came with anniversary BBS RC321 which are pretty rare so quite a bargain fair play.

I'd love one with lower mileage mind! Even though it has been looked after very well.