Fuel Economy

loopyh

Through a combination of steady <60mph motorway work and turning off when in long queues, I'm getting circa 71 mpg on average out of mine (1.7SDI SE) which I'm pretty pleased with.

• Like 1

Try running a Focus ST. I worked out over 3 years I averaged 14.1MPG!

That's very poor, I guess it was heavily modded? A colleague has one with a mild remap (260bhp) and averages around 24mpg

That's very poor, I guess it was heavily modded? A colleague has one with a mild remap (260bhp) and averages around 24mpg

Hybrid turbo, running 5x440cc injectors and driven like a bellend at every safe opportunity. Did a few track days/30-130 runs too.

Just driven mine to Blackpool, from Dundee and back and wasn't driving too carefully had a quarter of a tank left both ways very surprised and pleased with that cheaper than my last diesel

Bases on advice and recommendations from a local garage my car had treatment with forte diesel treatment and zx1 ultralube ( engine oil lubricant additive ) on a lupo tdi , the economy has improved a little bit . Doing the same daily commutes . previously 63mpg , now 68 mpg (comb ). easily over 70mpg on a recent trip to Manchester and as far as I know its standard. Has anyone had similar positive experiences with such products? or do most peops now bother ?

Bases on advice and recommendations from a local garage my car had treatment with forte diesel treatment and zx1 ultralube ( engine oil lubricant additive ) on a lupo tdi , the economy has improved a little bit . Doing the same daily commutes . previously 63mpg , now 68 mpg (comb ). easily over 70mpg on a recent trip to Manchester and as far as I know its standard. Has anyone had similar positive experiences with such products? or do most peops now bother ?

How did they do their Forte Diesel Treatment? Did they purge it, prime a filter or simply mix it in the tank? Be interesting to see how they thought the best way was. No idea what ZX1 Lubricant is. Is it just something you stick in your oil?

Edited by Skezza

yeah its simply an additive in the fuel tank that is meant to clean through the fuel system and possibly do something once combusted , i cant remember the full literature on the container . zx1 lube is an oil additive that reduced friction against moving metal parts , i figured as well as being good for the engine it would be better lubrication for the little turbo and make it work a bit more efficiently. it seems to make a difference for me as i used these approx 1500 miles after a service.