Fuel Economy

loopyh

England soul that's mad! I might have to try the v power plus and see if it makes a difference, in mine i get 215 before I chicken out!

Yea definitely give it a go mate as I'm always getting 240+ and thts giving it a blast now and again. The car feels more responsive on the v power compared to standard.

Lol. Fuel changes the suspension setting? that is stupid on a legendary level.

Think about what fuel does. It goes to the engine not the springs. The engine drives the wheels not the dampers. So better quality fuel probably makes the idle and low end responce better do the engine doesnt rock or kangaroo. Nothing to do with suspension epic Lulz.

Ha! Ignorant mug you are then!

The "kangaroo" effect is caused by the driver. Either dropping the clutch too fast or by having too harder suspension setting, so when you accelerate the car naturally squats (where the rear lowers and the front raises). This then gives the driver the feel of accelerating too hard, then the driver lets off, the engine revs drop again and the cycle repeats itself.

Common problem with an inexperienced driver or a suspension set up that is too solid.

Don't be a rude **** when you don't fully understand the issue.

If your engine rocks then your engine mounts/steadies are failing/have failed, again nothing to do with the fuel.

Epic lulz.

Nope quite common on cars where the wrong fuel is used so they are jittery low down hence why v power works.

Thanks for playing better luck next time.

Yeah I'm sure it's to do with suspension lol.

Mattz, 'kangarooing' was a common GTI trait where it would jerk when the engine was cold, don't seem to get so many posts about it nowadays. It was mapping related.

I believe there was an ECU update somewhere along the GTI life cycle that attempted to solve it.

With over stiff suspension the rearward weight transfer under acceleration would be less than standard so the driver perception of the car 'squatting' would be reduced not increased

Edited by Defcon5

I'm currently getting my veg oil from Tesco, 2 5l bottles for £9 or 90pa litre

is that a special offer?

• 2 weeks later...