Mk1 Arosa - 1.0mpi - Poverty

ahiggins_1

Finally thought I'd get my car up on here as I've been on here a few weeks now.

Well, after a year of ups and downs owning a 172 Cup I decided it was time to get a cheap run around and quite liked the looks of the little Arosa. Having owned a mk1 golf and a mk2 jetta I've always liked the VAG scene. Quite a speed difference but still fun to drive around in, purchased for a bargain, left me with enough money to sort out the tiny wheels and ridiculously large arch gap!

The first few weeks she was running with a misfire, new leads and a coil pack later she was running like new.

I went for the 'Sixty' wheels from Bullet as I like the G60 style steels and these save the hassle of banding. For the tyres I went for the Bridgestone Potenzas as I prefer the stretch on these over the Nankangs so in the end I had 7j - 165 50 15. Finally I got around to fitting the coilovers the other week, I ran them for a few days before taking out the rear adjusters to get the extra lows. The rides a bit 'crashy' but I wasn't willing to spend a fortune on a cheap car.

I'm happy with how she looks at the minute, I want to keep it simple...I'm getting a tad older now and feel an overly modded Arosa isn't the best look me, I even like how the bumpers aren't coded.

How she was a couple of weekends ago...

spacer.gifphoto3-5_zpsb785e7cb.jpg

spacer.gifphoto1-4_zpsff888150.jpg

spacer.gifphoto1-3_zpse55ec869.jpg

spacer.gifphoto2-4_zps433e460b.jpg

Need some caps!

spacer.gifphoto3-4_zps0531643a.jpg

As of last week I wanted to get more lows so decided to order some custom shorter springs, two days later and an hour fitting. The adjusters are back in, just so I can raise it if needs be.

spacer.gifphoto5_zps6574232a.jpg

spacer.gifphoto4-2_zps2eb33e59.jpg

spacer.gifphoto3-6_zps6a406962.jpg

I was going to space the wheels out but I think I'm happy with the stance for the time being, I'll see how she drives for a few weeks first.

Couple of more pics...

photo4-3_zps8361307d.jpg

photo3-7_zps7681abe6.jpg

photo2-6_zpsa463ffa6.jpg

photo1-6_zps4d53fbf8.jpg

photo2-7_zps7e3e3f62.jpg

c92b46e4-9a69-48ff-9ec7-46bd69cd1ff9_zps

Think the plastic mud flaps need to come off as they scrape on speed bumps! I quite like them though!

I've ordered a slim sub and some new Rockford Fosgate front speakers to improve the sounds a bit, I'll probably add to that at a later date.

Other than that, I'm pretty unsure what to do next. Like I said at the start, I want to keep it clean and simple. I need some new wing mirrors and fancy the DTM style but not sure how they'd look.

Any views or advice welcome!

Cheers...I was thinking stubby, just wondered if there were any alternatives really. I don't think the DTM's will go like.

looks veryy clean bud,

north east eyyy where abouts?

Thanks, it's not a bad car for just over a £££ monkey.

Bishop Auckland mate, although Im from over Teesside way originally (Redcar/Ingleby).

• 3 weeks later...