my 1.4 tdi work car small project

johnbyron

Well I purchased this seat arosa a couple of weeks ago for work after going to ultimate dubs and realising that my work car had to be a dub! Originally my plans were simple... coilovers and wheels thats it but now iv got the bug and I want to do more :P

1395088490760.jpg

So already iv had these jom coilovers delivered and im purchasing some 15inch alloys from my mate.

20140326_093714.jpg

Once the wheels and coilovers are fitted my plans are to:

*paint all the grey plastic interior matt black

*Get some front leather seats

*Strip out the back seats and cards etc

*Sound proof under the carpet, in the doors and the boot

*Make a subtle light boot build (ill draw up a few designs first)

*fit focal speakers or hertz

There are a few marks here and there on the bodywork but ill leave them for now untill everything is finished because after all... it is a work car :-)

• Like 1

Cheers haha shes a persian, flat face bless her.

Yeah I know what you mean Dblock but I only drive it steady (Lol no choice really ) and theres no speed bumps on my daily commute which is a bonus, the 206 I was using was running avo coilovers and I have to say it was ridiculously tough so im used to rough rides :)

Well... I fitted my coilovers on saturday which was relatively easy on the arosa compared with other cars, also sprayed the threads with penol then wrapped them in tape so they dont get muck in them :)

20140330_101458.jpg

... I think I lowered it too much because well... I reversed it out the garage on two bits of wood and one snapped causing a nice puncture in the sump :-(, but sunday I drained all the oil off, cleaned and keyed the area around the little fracture and gobbed it up with heat mate! ? its set pretty well and not one drip is even showing!

Anyway its sitting about 1 1/2 inch higher now because it was just too low for speed bumps haha

Does anyone know where the inertia switch is on the 1.4 tdi, I've got one and it keeps cutting out, I've had my snap on diagnostic on and it said it was cam shaft position sensor, I've changed that and it still does it, my car only cuts off when going over bumpy roads which is why I'm thinking it's my inertia switch being broke, I just can't seem to find it, anyone have a idea?

Cheers yeah these little arosas and lupos are purfect little cars for running about in and working on!

Where can you get these ally sump gaurds from?? Might need to invest in one so I can lower its slightly more when I fit my alloys :-)

im going to fabricate one myself. I made one for my mk2 16v golf , used a template from a mk4 golf and it was perfect ( then made 2 others for friends of mine ) . materials cost around 330 ish and then a bit of skillin ig welding. 3mm thick Ali checker plate of course to keep weight to the minimum with max protection