George - The GTi

EnglandSoul

Hi everyone thought id start a topic here so i can keep track of everything I do to the car.

Bought George a couple of weeks ago he has done 120k miles and is in need of some TLC. He already has a pipercross induction kit and fk ak coilovers.

Current plans are :

New front/rear pads/discs

new abs pump

new exhaust

cambelt change as not sure when it was last done.

GTi front grille badge

Removing some of the stickers inside and outside of the car.

New wheels as current ones are rubbing.

Side light bulbs

VW Lupo GTi stainless sill protectors kick plates sills.

Heres a few pics after his wash n wax today:

1972515_10152241921337025_1610712582_n_z

1972515_10152241921352025_1868212747_n_z

1978823_10152241921342025_1237272944_n_z

988843_10152241921517025_1677215618_n_zp

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nothing major to report yet as most my money going on wedding lol but i have managed to replace the front discs/pads and also been removing the stickers from inside the car, The missus has bought me a couple of things as well. Gave him a clean while weather was decent pics below.

1501338_10152282320787025_27536503003451

photo-13_zpsd61edbf3.jpg

photo1_zps51257b64.png

photo2_zps6e598102.png

photo3_zpsabb5d67f.png

Slight change to the front of the car nothing major but makes it look a bit more neater IMO.

BEFORE:

photo-13_zpsd61edbf3.jpg

AFTER:photo-16_zpsdb36ff1d.jpg

Edited by EnglandSoul

Very nice, excuse my ignorance but what's the pink thing in your lower grill?

It looks like a CAI of some sort.

Yea i think it was a CAI seemed a bit out of place and was on the car when i bought it, decided to remove it as just didnt look right.

Edited by EnglandSoul

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got round to fixing my window regulator and loom, no more sellotape to hold the window up!

BEFORE:

photo1-2_zps58923178.jpg

AFTER:

photo3-1_zps4ddd0cf9.jpg

Also got some bathurst alloys. Hoping to get them fitted on wednesday as ordered in some uniroyal rainsport 3 tyres :)

photo2-2_zps21eaaa6d.jpg

You will not be disappointed with the Uniroyal's, i have them on mine and the grip is insane :)

Im glad to hear it mate as ive had budget tyres on the car since i bought it and got no grip at all so really needed to buy some new ones, the missus has uniroyals on hers and says the same as you :)

They look new!!!
They are actually second hand but in mint condition.
What was wrong with the window? Exactly the same window doesn't move on mine, the switch just clicks!
I needed a new window regulator and loom mate.

X2 on the Uniroyals! Awesome tyres for the money, my Lupo has never gripped so well!

Nice progress so far! Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

X2 on the Uniroyals! Awesome tyres for the money, my Lupo has never gripped so well!

Nice progress so far! Keep up the good work!

Cheers mate :)

Uniroyals and Bathursts on the car now :)

photo-21_zpse8a8b318.jpg

Edited by EnglandSoul

looking much better already, still need to fix those two eyes imo :thumbsup:
Yea I'll be changing the eyes to white as will look more clean at the front then :)
Are you keeping the hood in that color? There aren't too many white Loops around, would look cleaner w/out the wrapped hood.
I have been debating about this since I first bought the car I'm really torn. I'm changing the colour of the badges, mirrors and alloys to fantasia green and with a white bonnet it didn't look as good as it does with a black bonnet so I'm really torn ATM.

This car would look awesome in OEM+ style. Loose the sticker bombed tow covers and the make the hood white, also skip the fantasia stuff. Maybe I'm to much of a "purist" :tongueout:

• Like 1

This car would look awesome in OEM+ style. Loose the sticker bombed tow covers and the make the hood white, also skip the fantasia stuff. Maybe I'm to much of a "purist" :tongueout:

Sort the bonnet and the stickerbomb crap and you're winning.

I must agree with Malte and Rich on this one, avoid the fantasia green and make bonnet and tow eye caps white will make this look so nice! OEM+ ftw haha

• Like 1

Thanks for all the comments guys im definitely removing the sticky bomb stuff as dont like it at all, was on the car when i got it also on the inside as well :( As for the bonnet i just cant make up my mind. The missus is getting her GTi fully resprayed atm so after thats sorted i may venture down and see about getting mine done at the same place.

Ive always wanted a white car so i should get the bonnet resprayed white haha. Just love the fantasia green on the lupos.

• 1 month later...

Been a while since i last updated anything as been busy getting married lol. Managed to sort out a few things recently as put a new cambelt and water pump in as didnt know when it was last done, also put a new abs pump in so the light is now off the dash and put some new side light bulbs in which match up nicely with the xenons!

photo-23_zps9d366c6e.jpg

So decided to do a temporary fix until i have the spare funds for a full respray. I have removed the sticky bomb off the front and also de stickered the back so it looks a lot more cleaner. Will be having the car in full white after much consideration. Just got to save up to afford a full respray :) Heres a couple of pics,

photo2-5_zpsbda02088.jpg

photo1-5_zps28bd169f.jpg