Do you regret selling your GTI?

Joti

I'm contemplating selling the Lupo and getting an Audi S3, of a similar age and mileage.

However the Lupo gets a lot of positive attention and has a rarity value, so I'm in two minds!

Anyone sold up and regretted it?

There's nothing wrong with the Audi; it does most things better than a Lupo/Arosa to be fair.

No doubt. Just very very bland IMO. Even coming from any car the lupo is just fun. I genuinely don't know why but I really really like driving it. Even over higher powered more luxury German cars. It's just silly. My mate promised me I could drive his r8 though which is awesome. Wouldn't mind a tt-rs. Im broke though. But the a and s models bore me.

Edited by Dblock

I still love driving the Lupo TDI - it's a great little engine when mapped! But sometimes you just want to get somewhere comfortably and quietly, and thats when the barge comes into it's own.

• Like 2

I just know that if I sold my gti, it would bother me for the rest of my life. I don't know what it is about her, I just can't bear the thought of not being able to drive her ever again. I did come close to trading her in for a Mk6 Golf GT a while back, but with hindsight, best decision I ever made not to swap her in. I know I'd also never get anything else that compares or would replace her, she's part of the family! Even though I now have an Up! as my daily, I look forward to taking her out for a thrash at the weekends!

• Like 1

Dont do it. I have sold 2 Gti's, should of learnt from the mistake of selling the first on but no. sold my previous one for a TT which is getting sold on thursday and bought myself a lupo tdi for hauling the mountain bike around. would have another Gti in a heartbeat and one day will get another.

Had my GTI for 6 years. Sold it for a mk2 TT over two years ago.

I like the TT, and it's nice to drive. But it's not fun. I don't love it like I did the Lupo.

But saying that, I don't often 'miss' it. Only when I see an old photo of it or when convoying to shows with other Lupo GTIs.

My brother has it now, so I see it often, but it doesn't hold the same appeal to me now it's back to standard.

I remember when we done a Scottish road trip. Philplop turned up in his A6 barge. Pulled up in Tesco for breakfast and his first words were: "wish I'd bought brought the Lupo GTI now."

I remember when we done a Scottish road trip. Philplop turned up in his A6 barge. Pulled up in Tesco for breakfast and his first words were: "wish I'd bought the Lupo GTI now."

Bought or brought?

I still don't see the point. It's still a barge and now you have removed the comfort by slamming it? I don't really understand vag modding lol.

Yes, it might have been uncomfortable, but it had great stance

P1000004.jpg

• Like 1

I definitely remember him saying he wanted to purchase it back, therefore bought is correct.

Smart arse! brought obviously. You not got some hair to be cutting?