Painting calipers and drums

FatMike95

Haven't had my little lupo for long, and I've noticed the calipers are looking like they've seen better days, was wondering what colours and paint would be good cause I've sane paint and that on ebay but it seems to cheap to be any good, and I want my calipers to stand out but dunno what would look good with the "soft blue" lupo I've bought hahaa, I know sound stupid to ask these questions but thought a little advice wouldn't go amiss like.....

WHAT!!!!

Drums black agreed, Calipers in any colour.

come on, you think painting your calipers something like pink won't look Barry? Red looks awesome. I can just about go for yellow/gold e.g. the brembo look, but when I see Barry's driving round with fluorescent orange calipers I just think Barry
  • Like 1

come on, you think painting your calipers something like pink won't look Barry? Red looks awesome. I can just about go for yellow/gold e.g. the brembo look, but when I see Barry's driving round with fluorescent orange calipers I just think Barry

I think you mistake chav with creative. Red is done and doesnt always go. Pink calipers do look cool. I hardly think Ohh what a chav he has non standard non approved colour.

I think you mistake chav with creative. Red is done and doesnt always go. Pink calipers do look cool. I hardly think Ohh what a chav he has non standard non approved colour.

Fair do, but red is a good solid colour. Goes with most cars, and let's be honest, replicates the look of most brembos, although gold and yellow look good too.

OK, Pink calipers but the problem is, when I see pink calipers there's normally a set of horrible multi-fits, chromes, and overspray.

70_BRE_LA_240_kl.jpg

Cringe...

Two tone paint job as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I think it's far more chav to paint your calipers red and think it looks good because it's a bit like brembo's.. they're not brembo's.. they're standard calipers with a coat of hammerite, and anyone who knows about cars will know that's all it is. So why pretend? you're fooling no one. Far more creative I think to not try and imitate a brand 'because that's the cool thing to do', but find your own look/colour combo to suit the car.

As for multifits, chrome and overspray.. If you have one or all three of those issues, the colour of your calipers is frankly the last of your worries. But Yes, I agree it has to all work as a style. Essentially the issue is when it's done cheaply, or not thought out properly, but any colour can work..

Or do you think this looks chav, just because it's orange... :tongueout:

e60lambogrey-10.jpg

• Like 1

Drums black. Any other is like saying 'look, i have **** brakes!'

Calipers should match the car colour, or be black. Depends on the calipers. Aftermarket look great colour coded. Tiny oem ones look a bit pants.