Skezza's Flash Red OEM+ Daily Workhorse SDI (Projector Retrofit)

Skezza

Wow, thanks dude.

In other news and a bit more positive, I had my first whack at SVO yesterday. I've gone for about 50/50 mixture, maybe a teeny bit less tbh because it's pretty hard to be precise. I made the mistake of trying to pour straight from the bottle and spilt a tiny bit, whoops, only maybe 100ml so not too big a deal, plus it was my first go :) , but I'm going to hit screwfix and buy one of these funnels:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/hilka-pro-craft-funnel-black-160mm/98590

Which should make the job a whole lot easier, although my dad reckons proper ghetto modders would just cut a pop bottle in half and use that as a funnel lol. I might give it a try and then if that doesn't work go get a funnel.

Proper ghetto modders would also use the leaking N/S/R strut out of my garage when we swap them so you have two leaking ones :yes: Two of each doesn't sound bad for 80 quid though. cant do next weekend really, unless you want to on the Sunday. Hopefully this weather holds.

Used the same funnel but it was from tesco for my veg oil back in the day. Now it gets used for 2 stroke lol.

Have fuel filters on hand and change when starting gets hard. The ratio doesn't have to be super precise. Also if possible get down to a booker or cash n carry. 20l of oil is about £18. But then it's a 2 man job to fill.

The engine will be quieter but you will lose a little bit of power. But not so its undrivable it's just like your losing an edge.

When serving the car it will smell funny. That's normal. The veg oil will be slighty mixed with the oil and over time it will clean the engine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Creeping up to 130k miles. The last 10,000 of which have been pretty much all on vegetable oil. Getting a bit harder to start as the weather drops mind. Might start putting a few litres of petrol in.

Creeping up to 130k miles. The last 10,000 of which have been pretty much all on vegetable oil. Getting a bit harder to start as the weather drops mind. Might start putting a few litres of petrol in.

Is your fuel filter clean thats the first place to check when starting out on veg oil

good to see u still have this. did u not find a decent tdi?

the allure of straight veg oil was enough to keep me turbo free. Saving insane amounts of money.

Wait till it's cold then the fun starts.

Are you going to add petrol or diesel when the temps do drop or add some sort of heating?

I'm 50/50. I've been tempted to add a barrel heater, but the guys on veg oil forums reckon that barrel heaters only heat a small segment and I'll still have problems. However, a blast of petrol might be enough to keep it going.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This car was built in 1999, registered in 2000.

Passed it's MOT on Wednesday, just one advisory for a small hole in the exhaust which I've been meaning to putty since Matt spotted it.

And yeah hurry up and do the projectors, door card, airbag, window switch, my boot light and then employ me to kit your garage out :thumbsup: you know its the smart thing to do :yes:

Man I've got a ridiculous number of jobs to do. It's a time thing. When do I get chance gahhh!!!

Working on cars has no ending, when you get close to finishing, something always comes up next. Not a a bad thing tho!

The door card is going to be a pain. It looks like the plastic on the other side of the metal has been broken which is why the previous owner used nasty black mastic to hold the door card on. Yuck.