2nd Lupo- Reflex Silver 1.0E

cj1

Hi everyone, so 2 years ago for my first car at 17 I had a Fantasia Green 1.0e.

currently driving a 6r Polo R line, and loving it!

Bought a silver 1.0e last week for my girlfriend. 55000 miles, in very good condition!

Came with mudflaps, and the cupholder/coin tray under the radio. Blue seats :)

got it with the engine light on, turned out to be the cat causing it. There was a split in the middle cat which caused the sensor in the exhaust to flag a fault. Welded this up,

Reset the warning light, no issues as yet! It flew through it's MOT!

Problems when I got it

Engine light / Cracked cat

Heater only worked on full speed - replaced resistor, works fine now.

door lock only operable from inside on passenger door - fixed the lock cylinder components, replaced lock carrier, all works fine again!

The passenger door does seem marked though as if someone has tried to get in, explains the snapped lock components!

Lovely little car, drove it to the lakes yesterday with no issues at all! Will upload pictures later :)

When we first got it home!

image-4.jpg

Clean inside :)

image-3.jpg

new lock carrier :)

image-2.jpg

re-trimmed worn trim pieces

before

image-1.jpg

After

image.jpg

Edited by cj1

there was a crack in the cat which was causing a fault on the lambda sensor, welded this up and reset the warning light.

It has been fine till today, the warning light re-illuminated. Plugged it in at work, came up with a few EGR faults (can't remember exactly what they were) cleared them off just to ensure they weren't old codes.

Got home, rescanned car and it came up with

16517 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1

P0133 - 35-10 - Response too Slow - Intermittent

The car has been driving fine. Can anyone shed some light on whether or not it would be the EGR, or the lambda sensor causing this faults? IE "Red Herring" as they say.

Planning on either taking the EGR off myself and cleaning it, or having it done at work, along with throttle body. Is it worth changing the sensor? And which one would this code relate to?

Fixed the problems, (No light back on for 150 miles anyway!)

Replaced the EGR valve, along with the first lambda sensor in the exhaust manifold. Runs so much better and idles better as well!

Happy! Had the dash inserts coloured so will get a picture uploaded later. Going to wire up a OEM boot light soon when I get the chance as well.

• 2 months later...