Help on TDI Fuel Heat Dissapator

Hi Guys,

I really need a hand with this. Got Arosa TDI which is lowered, and have managed to damage the fuel heat dissapator underneath. Found the part number (6n0201895 in case anyone needs it) but Perrys say it's discontinued And VW have no stock. Now the local salvage place has one from a 9n polo 1.4 tdi. Does anyone know if this will fit?

Any help would be great :thumbsup:

Is it actually needed

I doubt it.

When I did my diesel purge it was bypassing the filter straight into the jar and it got hot but that was a very short run. By the time it gets back to the tank I'd be surprised if it was warm.

Edited by Dblock

Thanks for the replies guys. Have been hunting for one off a 6n platform (any of them) and can't seem to find them anywhere. Might need to start thinking outside the box on this, need to get it back on the road.

I do a fair amount of mileage so does anyone know if I bypass it if it will cause issues?

If it wasn't needed why would they fit it? I bet a fair amount of heat is put into the fuel when it is pressured up by the mechanical pump.

I thought it would be hot from cooling the injectors? Either way these cars are made to work from sweden to Kenya and im sure it's a just incase.

Either way if I couldn't find one I'd not fit it instead of writing off the car. Do the skodas use them? I'm sure they was using the AMF engine much later than a lupo so might still have the fuel cooler? worth a check maybe?

I thought it would be hot from cooling the injectors? Either way these cars are made to work from sweden to Kenya and im sure it's a just incase.

Either way if I couldn't find one I'd not fit it instead of writing off the car. Do the skodas use them? I'm sure they was using the AMF engine much later than a lupo so might still have the fuel cooler? worth a check maybe?

They use the AMF engine, but I think the fabia uses the same system as the 9n. Anyway seems like I am in luck (sort of). Local VAG garage has tracked one down. So I should be back in action in 7-10 days.

Thanks for all the help guys :thumbsup:

They use the AMF engine, but I think the fabia uses the same system as the 9n. Anyway seems like I am in luck (sort of). Local VAG garage has tracked one down. So I should be back in action in 7-10 days.

Thanks for all the help guys :thumbsup:

Good luck mate hope that works for you. If not try german ebay too.