white 1.4 lupo s

shearermax

right finally after a year being on here getting round to posting this after having abit of time on my hands,
im abit cross with myself as i haven't pictured all the stages i have done with it but hey ho ill show you what ive got

so i bought the car of ben on here it was off the road

9cde0044.jpg343d9ca5.jpg4582025d.jpgso thats how i got it

i started off with a good clean inside and out, which to be honest didnt make much of a difference
then popped the hood and realised for some strange reason the shocks where poking through the car so after alot of head scratching and cursing i figured out that it was just sitting of the springs and i needed to take parts of the standard suspension and put it on the coilovers, so i was happy with that, i then got the new bumper which i needed spraying and i wanted a few panels spraying aswell and doors because the side strips where took off and there was a step in the paint, i decided to just get the whole thing sprayed, and a cheeky debadge while it was there, it came back from the spray shop and i attached the bumper and had a quick run over all the lights and little things as it had its mot. it passed with flying colors, kind of. i needed to fix the blowing exhaust.
i then gave it a service, all the usualls; oil filter, oil, fuel filter and so on.IMG_1385.jpg

so i had abit of a night mare whilst going round a corner when there was rubble on the road and well basically i didnt go round the corner so met someone called a curb

8589528595_20720451d6_b.jpgso yeah its not supposed to look like that

after a bumpy five miles an hour home i stripped it all apart and wrecked the wheel crushed the wishbone and bent the drive shaft so left it to the morning to salvage some parts

8590709216_3c1a8b7b35_b.jpgIMG_1429.jpgIMG_1442.jpg8589607355_a0eca11203_b.jpgi bought a new wishbone and ball joint and went to Guisborough to get a drive shaft

got all the way home and it didnt fit, brilliant, had to wait till the monday to go again, so went came back and it fit clap.gif
because one of the wheels was recked i had to put the tatty ones back on that came with the car, so i gave them a quick refurbish on the sunday when i had some time

i was pretty pleased with the result

IMG_1469.jpgIMG_1721.png

that was until i pulled out of a car park and i hurd a massive noise and couldnt move sad.gif
well this happened

IMG_2176.png

so what happened was 'my friend' who is apparently a mechanic had 'forgot' to tighten the ball joint bolt so they just ripped off and pulled the drive shaft out sad.gif

lucky i was with the so called mechanic so he road over to my house for some tools and went to lt motors to get a new ball joint
so in the middle of tesco car park in rush hour with people coming over left right and center
i jacked it up took off the suspension changed the ball joint and for some strange reason i thought i could kick the drive shaft back into place unsure.gif
well yeah that work for about a mile then came out againIMG_1471.jpg

so then the hunt went of for a tow rope

finally got one
and a Peugeot 206 began to tow me banghead2.gif
so i got it home and took the drive shaft out
i looked at it and all the barings and the baring housing had shattered so i had a little think and i thought a bodge job could come of this so i cleaned all the bits out and got the old bent drive shaft and prized the barings out and got the old hammer out and started smashing them into the new one, i thought i was a brilliant idea, which i was for about 2 days then it came out again. kurt in the subaru came to the rescue and towed me home, i was getting the hang of this breaking down lark. so the next day went to see my friends at guisborough again, when i came in the shop he said 'the usual?' sad.gif so yes i got ANOTHER drive shaft
and fingers crossed its all been sweet

so i bought some BBS
and they came abit tatty so gave them a quick spray, i need to give them a good refurb at some point they needed two new tyres (strech)
ive never fitted stretch before some came across a few problems, my main problem couldnt get the buggers to inflate after trying various methods like spraying brake and clutch cleaner in and lighting it banghead2.gif they didnt work however i came up with a ingenious solution of pushing the tyre down getting a bike inner tube inflating it abit and putting it between the tyre and the wheel (where the air is escaping) and begin to inflate the tyre and as the side walls push out they push the inner tube out w00t.gif
anyways this is what it looks like with them on
i want it lower but i cant yet as i need my arches rolling

DSC_9168.jpg

DSC_9163.jpgso i was looking for some bbs center caps as the ones on these where cracked but after finding out they where £80 i went off the idea so took it upon myself to do this which cost me nothing

IMG_3405.jpgIMG_3406.jpgIMG_3407.jpgIMG_3408.jpgIMG_3410.jpgIMG_3411.jpgso i wraped it matt black then cut a outline in chrome wrap and the letters in brushed steel wrap and i think they look amazing saving myself £80+

so after much debate i finally got my wheels refurbed, a brave choice of colour i must say.

i got them back without the center caps :( but to say the least i was happy and couldnt wait to get them on

a65a3709-c7e2-429d-a324-0274982ac6d6.jpgIMG_4712.jpgthe first thing i did was trial fit them :). But i wanted more lows so i grinded my rear arches off (i didnt want to roll them) i got the back sitting pretty nice i think

IMG_4779.jpg

my next job was to see what to do with the bbs plastic center cap as i wrapped them before i thought i would do it again but a different colour, it was fate that i had a little bit of the exact same blue left over so wrapped that and it was a excellentIMG_4793.jpgIMG_4794.jpgIMG_4796.jpg12726624194_6feee6761a_b.jpg colour match

• 2 months later...