should i walk away from this lupo? or is it worth it?

knottyham

Bit annoying, but ah well!

Not sure if it's just chance but I seem to see many more arosa 1.0 in the s spec, than the lupo 1.0 s?

Found a nice arosa 1.0 s in silver, 2004/53 with 62,000 miles on it. £1.8k.. No doubt that exact one will be gone by the time I can quite afford it, but at least it gives me an idea of what I can get for my money!

I think it was a good decision to walk away from the car you were looking at knottyham, 169k miles does seem a lot to warrant the price tag!

Keep searching through Gumtree, Ebay, Autotrader, Pistonheads etc. and a nice car will pop up at the right price, but it's a waiting game. I bought my Lupo 1.4 SE (top model with electric windows etc.) with 60k on the clock for £700. It did have a few niggles like a small oil leak and the centre part of the exhaust had an MOT advisory, but it was pretty inexpensive to sort.

Basically what I'm saying is keep looking and something will pop up! I'm sure if you post some cars you're thinking of buying in this thread, people will be more than happy to give their opinions and try to help you to make the right choice! :thumbsup:

Still seems a lot of money.

Do you only want Lupo/Arosa?

For that money you could get a nice Audi A4 or A6, VW Bora or Passat, BMW 5 series etc.

Bigger cars but usually cheaper to insure

I'm not really keen on anything bigger than a lupo. The only cars I've ever driven are small cars, such as ford ka, fiat panda etc! Biggest I've driven is a new shape punto and honestly don't think I would be comfortable in a large car for my first car... Thanks for the suggestions though! :)

I think it was a good decision to walk away from the car you were looking at knottyham, 169k miles does seem a lot to warrant the price tag!

Keep searching through Gumtree, Ebay, Autotrader, Pistonheads etc. and a nice car will pop up at the right price, but it's a waiting game. I bought my Lupo 1.4 SE (top model with electric windows etc.) with 60k on the clock for £700. It did have a few niggles like a small oil leak and the centre part of the exhaust had an MOT advisory, but it was pretty inexpensive to sort.

Basically what I'm saying is keep looking and something will pop up! I'm sure if you post some cars you're thinking of buying in this thread, people will be more than happy to give their opinions and try to help you to make the right choice! :thumbsup:

I loved the Lupo yesterday. As in, when I got in it, adjusted the seat, mirrors etc... Felt right. Loved it!

It was an awful lot of money for those miles... Even with a fresh mot on it, who's to say the clutch won't go on me? Or something even worse? It was shabby inside too, so I would have had to repaint the inside door handles, retrimmed the door cards, steam cleaned carpet, seats etc straight away (which I'll probs do on any car I get, actually.)

I'm going to keep looking... For arosas and lupos, as they're really what I want. I feel like they are pretty much as safe as I'm going to get for an older car (compared to the likes of a ka, 106, saxo etc...) and they look the part too.. in most cases!

If I see something which I could use as a 'stop gap' before getting a lupo i might... just hope I find the right loop first!

If I don't see something I like with what I can afford at the moment, will wait till next payday and up the budget a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, of those two, the second one is far better although there's a spot of marking on the front however easily fixable. 12 months tax and test though!!!

Perfect first car I'd say.

Edited by Skezza