Lupo1.0se's Lupo GTI. Deutsche fest

lupo1.0se

• 2 months later...

Ok. After not updating a while. I would of had this a year on February 21st.

So what I have I done since I last updated.

Full Service and MOT

Replaced rear disc's. These where badly lipped.

Had the drivers and boot lock replaced. The drivers lock was a pain. Took 3 weeks to come and it had been completely redesigned. So I had to have a new lock carrier as well.

Fixed the drivers door card with new clips.

New battery box cover. Initially vw said it was in stock, then on back order. After they said this I got it within 5 days of them saying this!

See below thread about lock differences.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/100426-vw-lupo-door-locks-central-locking/

But other wise all good. I have booked it in to have a little more paint work done (Drivers door seal and Tailgate). Tailgate is to be redone and the screen to be replaced due to it is not functioning correctly and the rubber is damaged.

Edited by lupo1.0se

• 1 month later...

Ok. Further to the above about ups and downs of ownership.

When I had some paint work done. Lets just say it was not up to standard for where I wanted it. So it has been in somewhere else to have work done.

In total I have had to buy new badges, new screen (two reasons, over-spray and the heated part was not working, made a sizzling noise when running), re-spray the whole tailgate and spoiler, also the door sill (due to scratches and surface rust - amazingly)

Anyway here are the pics.

IMG_20150320_141937130.jpg

IMG_20150320_142015396.jpg

IMG_20150320_142112183_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150320_142146835_HDR.jpg

Future plans - refurb the wheels and change the tyres. If anyone knows of alternative to toyo proxy 205/45/r15 81 v that would be great. It seems I have only found one alternative and this also is just a summer tyre.

Edited by lupo1.0se

Were the door sill plates already on the car when you got it or did you add them? Don't know why but I quite fancy some...
They came on the car.
What's up with the Toyo's? Only others in that size were the factory fitted Dunlops, but they are terrible in the wet, and also an old tyre now.
Toyos are summer tyres only. Bit useless for me as I do use this all year round.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok. Finally did one of the jobs I have been meaning to. Re-paint the seat bases. They where not that good. Now a lot better.

Before

DSCF0865.JPG

After sanding

DSCF0867.JPG

After priming

DSCF0868.JPG

re-fitted

DSCF0869.JPG

Edited by lupo1.0se

• 2 months later...

Ok. I have not been to many shows recently.

I was supposed to go to Stonor Park. Unfortunately I could not make it due to I was on holiday. But I was near a good a friend of mine at the time. So I arrange to get the car professionally polished/cleaned. Came up pretty. well.

Then my black lupo had some miss firing problems - that was in the garage for a while. So I had to use the GTi for a bit (second car). Then to top all the GTi had a check management light - fortunately just a temperature sensor. It happened a couple of days before a car show (Bundle of Dubz) so I had to cancel that until I found out what was wrong.

But otherwise all good now. Also bought some show plates. (like old vw dealer ones). I did also in the meantime fix the passenger seat flip mechanism. Had a bit of a result where a guy was dumping some front seats which had the part I need (Vw wanted to charge £35 for the part, got the seats for £0)

DSCF0887.JPG

DSCF0889.JPG

DSCF0890.JPG

DSCF0894.JPG

Edited by lupo1.0se

• 5 months later...

Ok. Not too much been happening. Was involved in a minor accident where my rear bumper was damaged (I am not going to run into this too much). It is has since subsequently had a new rear bumper. Whilst I was getting this fixed I had the wheels fully refurbished and new tyres all round.

The damage. All in the recess.

DSCF1047.JPG

After it had been repaired.

DSCF1071.JPG

DSCF1073.JPG

DSCF1076.JPG

DSCF1077.JPG

Edited by lupo1.0se

• 8 months later...

Ok. I hadn't realised I had not update this in a while. Did a few shows this year. Main ones include Club Lupo show at Ace Café and quite a few around the kent/Essex way. I couldn't of timed it perfectly as I managed to get parked in front of the Ace Cafe.

Pics

IMG_6274.JPG

IMG_6275.JPG

Plans. I have a replacement spoiler for the rear of the car. The guy who originally did the paint work for it did the prep badly on the orignal. It hard to photograph, but when you look it, is slightly wavey even though it feels smooth :S. Also there are some other areas I want to attend to. Behind the boot, drivers rear quarter and lower front bumper.

So that's where I am at.

Edited by lupo1.0se