Gti Bouncy Suspension

Keal

Quick question.

I drive a Gti with Kw V1 inox coilovers but the car feels incredibly bouncy even though I've had it raised up. The coilovers look in great condition other than the rears which the paint has started to peal on the springs and one of the adjusters is missing. Is this a genuine issue with lupos or is it something I should get looked at. I don't want to splash out on a new set of Kw's if I can help it. What else could be the issue? My partners golf mk4 is slammed and feels nowhere near as bad. Didn't know if it was because of the weight of the car though?? Thanks guys.

My KW V1s have now done 50k plus and they are not bouncy at all. A bit scruffy though!

Possibly you have a failed strut. Is there any sign of oil around the shaft seal?

The weight of the car sits on the springs, and the shock absorber controls thE bounce of thE spring as it

Goes up and down should normally settle after one to two bounces if not then the shock may have gone typically shown bY leaking oil on the outside of it, is one corner worse than the rest test by a vigorous push down, then go from there.

Cheers stevie

Thanks guys will have a closer look soon and see. Was more concerned whether it's usually like that or just mine but sounds like it's just natural. If I find anything on further investigation I will let you know :)

Keal.