Wrapping Door Cards

Skezza

Hi not been on the forum for months , ! Got fed up of abuse towards my **** posts I've used leatherette from dun helm mills. Probably the same as you are using I wouldn't use the same peace again as any lumps show up and look dirty one of mine is covered in them ! Bleghhhh once you have the material fully glued and pulled over the edges the best thing I thought of doing whilst it sets is using a vacuum bag and putting the door card inside and sucking the air out

How would I go about doing that?

How would I go about doing that?

Well I sprayed the door card and the material and stated in the deepest part and worked out wards once it was fully down and happy I cut the extra that over lapped and glued it on the bag . Now get one of those vacuum storage bags and put the whole door card inside and then suck the air out which will removed any air pockets and hopefully press the material fully into the shape of the door card

Well I sprayed the door card and the material and stated in the deepest part and worked out wards once it was fully down and happy I cut the extra that over lapped and glued it on the bag . Now get one of those vacuum storage bags and put the whole door card inside and then suck the air out which will removed any air pockets and hopefully press the material fully into the shape of the door card

Ahh I get you. Do I need like a special vacuum tool for that? That's actually a great idea, I never thought of doing it like that.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...