Interior Sticker Bombing - Tacky or not?

amyyb

Admittedly, been an artist, I could't help myself but do a bit of sticker bombing on my interior and it looks awesome (in my opinion..) However, I'm on the fence about sticker bombing my sun blocks, will it be too much? and does anyone have pictures of their sticker bombing? Heres mine :) (Also added it to the frame around the stereo now.. It's growing)

1536702_493116794141972_1159952728_n.jpg

Really just looking for people opinions on interior sticker bombing and some pictures of yours :D

I've seen doors stickerbombed, interiors stickerbombed, engine bays stickerbombed, engine covers stickerbombed, boot lids stickerbombed, bonnets stickerbombed, and even an entire roof stickerbombed.

It's ****, it's scene and it's been done a gazillion times before... do something a bit different, that's the whole point of being an artist right? ;)

• Like 1

Sticker bombing was fun for a bit, I've done it to cover up some track based damage, but it is pretty naff.

Hydra dipping, thats the future. Can have any design/colour you want s and its pretty hard wearing.

Doesn't really do it for me either, but due it being a theme rather than a "sticker bomb book" from ebay, showed good imagination...

Actually I'll give you that. At least he's followed a theme... yes. I do specifically despise the stickerbomb books. There's a popular one called Stickerbomb Studio, 250 stickers for you to look exactly the same as the next person who buys that book. Just awful awful awful.

Sticker bombing was fun for a bit, I've done it to cover up some track based damage, but it is pretty naff.

Hydra dipping, thats the future. Can have any design/colour you want s and its pretty hard wearing.

Realistically, that is the only time I'd ever condone stickerbombing. On track cars where it's just not worth getting the damage repaired then perhaps it's worth it. On a road car, I just think it looks awful, especially on wing mirrors that have clearly been clipped. Why not just whip them off, rub them down and spray? Is it really that hard on such a small piece of trim? You could do it with cheap rattlecans from Halfraudo's.

Realistically, that is the only time I'd ever condone stickerbombing. On track cars where it's just not worth getting the damage repaired then perhaps it's worth it. On a road car, I just think it looks awful, especially on wing mirrors that have clearly been clipped. Why not just whip them off, rub them down and spray? Is it really that hard on such a small piece of trim? You could do it with cheap rattlecans from Halfraudo's.

I think it works on rat look cars too if applied sparingly. Never understand why scene kids buff their paint to a mirror finish then cover it up with cheap vinyl.

I personally think you guys are missing the point. I sticker bombed stuff not to be cool or scene but because I like it. I don't really mind if it's not hip anymore I didn't do it for anyone else. That's the whole point to modding lol. It's your car make it look how you want not others.

I personally think you guys are missing the point. I sticker bombed stuff not to be cool or scene but because I like it. I don't really mind if it's not hip anymore I didn't do it for anyone else. That's the whole point to modding lol. It's your car make it look how you want not others.

That's fair do :P but like I've said before, if you put photos on the net for judgement, expect to be judged :D

If you don't plan to sell the car then go ahead and do whatever you like

To be honest. Stickerbombing, wrapping, anything. I just say the same thing. Buy a spare. Get yourself down a scrappy and get a spare part, even if it's a manky old one. I got myself an entire tim tom interior with electric window switches, grab handles etc for just £20 the other day. The electric window switches will sell for that on their own, nothing lost. The material on the Tim Tom is looking a bit tired, but I'm going to try and clean it and see if anyone wants it, because it's blue and blue/yellow tim tom is a bit rarer than red. If nobody does, I'll strip it and use it for my next project. If it goes wrong, I've still got the original.

I just wrapped the door handles that I got with that interior. They were manky and gross. Stickerbombed, wrapped, ideal for that kind of thing.

Not rocket science ;):D

Edited by Skezza
  • Like 1