diesel slight pulling lupo sdi

davej

Hi has anyone got any ideas on this. When driving the engines seem to very very slightly fad for a second then pick up, the best way to describe it is feels like you have taken your foot off the accelerater for a split second then the power comes back. I have replaced the air and fuel filter and injectors this has improved things a lot but the problem is still there.

I thought a fad was something like stickerbombing :P You mean it judders on pull away. Clean the throttle body and the intake manifold. The throttle body makes a big difference but so can the intake manifold and they get pretty sooty on high mileage engines.

Edited by Skezza

I thought a fad was something like stickerbombing :P You mean it judders on pull away. Clean the throttle body and the intake manifold. The throttle body makes a big difference but so can the intake manifold and they get pretty sooty on high mileage engines.

Does the SDI have a throttle body?

I agree clean it all up. See how gunked up your egr is too. Also if your higher mileage then a tin of diesel purge would be a good start too.

Ordered some carb cleaner for the throttle body. I'm unable to drive at a steady speed without it pulling slightly ! It's as if you have taken your foot off the accelerater slightly fot a second put you foot down a bit and it's fine till it happens again! Thanks for the replies

Does the SDI have a throttle body?

I agree clean it all up. See how gunked up your egr is too. Also if your higher mileage then a tin of diesel purge would be a good start too.

yeah, of sorts. It's part of the EGR I think although don't hold me to that.

The other thing you can do Dave is a Diesel purge. It can make a massive difference. It did in my case, made it feel like it had just left the showroom lol.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/97552-how-to-diesel-purge-your-lupo-the-right-way/

Edited by Skezza

yeah, of sorts. It's part of the EGR I think although don't hold me to that.

The other thing you can do Dave is a Diesel purge. It can make a massive difference. It did in my case, made it feel like it had just left the showroom lol.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/97552-how-to-diesel-purge-your-lupo-the-right-way/

You sure that's not the anti shudder valve?