Creation of the Lupo rally car

Ryan Sainty

So I have now begun work on transforming my Lupo sport into a rally car.

So far I have stripped the car out completely and will soon begin fitting the roll cage and seats ( will post a photo or two once I've figured out how to).

Just a few questions. Firstly, how do you disable the airbag, wheres the fuse etc. Secondly how can you disable the abs system on these cars.

Ryan.

Hi I run a sport as a track car. You can't pull fuses on the air bag system as air bags are not fused. All you can do is remove all the airbags and control unit. As for the light, I split the clocks and removed the bulb from the PCB board so it goes through mots. I'm guessing you be running harness so just remove the old seat belts to loose the pretensions.

I'm currently working on modding a wiring loom to loose all the extra plugs/powers from the loom. Just need a donar loom as the last loom I was sold the wrong loom.

As for the abs its fuse number 8. I would have thought if your building a full on rally car you'd be better of ripping the lot out and running a racing pedal box.

Hope that helps

Edited by st10587

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...