GTi or bi-xenon headlights?

Keelan

I am looking to upgrade to xenon headlight and want to know what PROBLEMS and BENEFITS of each option.

If get GTi headlights (I will also get the washers, pump and reservoir).

- Do they need to wire in differently for full beam or washers to come out?

- Do I need a different washer bottle to fill the headlight washer reservoir?

- do the jets fit straight in or will they need brackets making up (are there and specific parts I'll need for mounting).

- can the ballasts/bulbs Wattage be upgraded from 35W which I think are also 4500k as standard

Bi-xenon (will not be bought with washers)

- Companies used and trusted?

- What is needed to wire the converters in to the head light shells and the full/dip beam

This is part of my research. Asking a forum full of knowledgeable people like yourself and a mix of people who have both setups to find out what problems were faced while installingand what to do or not to do.

I am interested if the GTis have a projector that moves or a blanking plate that cuts the beam down for dipped beam?

The latter.

The GTI lamps will physically fit straight in but are wired completely different, they also don't incorporate a sidelight or a main beam, and have the indicator built in instead.

Where the indicator is on the normal Lupo, the GTI has sidelights and additional main beam (as the xenons cant flash)

My GTI had the best lighting of any car I've had, I used to to a lot of night driving on unlit roads, and replaced the main beam bulbs with some 130w ones, the light output from them combined with the xenons was unbelievable.

I have a Sport now, and have just replaced the bulbs with some Ring 120% ones which are an excellent upgrade. I'd have them over an aftermarket HID kit to be honest, they just don't go in reflector units IMO