New member! Lupo 1.0L Questions? Mods?

Kailum

Hey, i'm new here literally just signed up an hour or so ago. I'm 17 and got myself a one liter 52 plate lupo se for my first car. After a little bit of reading forums on here i decided to post my own. I'm a noob at all this stuff and as i'm 17 money is quite tight looking for preferably cheaper things

I'm looking for some modifications to do?

I've read about removing the bump strips - but couldn't find a good forum for it?

Anyway i'm looking for some do's and don'ts.

Cheers Kailum

Removing bump strips is a good start! Its not too hard. Just spray on some bug and tar remover to loosen the sticky tabs behind. Then put some floss behind the strip and start moving the floss up and down sort of cutting the sticky tab behind. Continue to move along til the strips off, then get cleaning!

I wouldn't do anything too 'moddish' because you're a new driver and the insurer will not take too kindly to it. Stuff like bump strips and carbon wrapping is fine.

I'm thinking more coilovers, non-OEM alloys, tints etc. You'll end up spending a lot of money on the mod, and even more on the insurance bump.

Here's a few first year mods:

• Bump strips
  • Wrapping door handles, heater controls and perhaps vents (needs practice to be fair)
  • New head unit (unless it came with a decent one)
  • Fit aftermarket remote central locking
  • Colour code badges
  • A full service, done by yourself. (Good practice for the future)

The best mods are the simple ones if you do get coilovers, keep the old springs etc just to make sure if you crash you can reverse it if its not to screwed up

I'm pretty sure you're suggesting he commits insurance fraud. I'd be very wary if you do so and get caught, a costly costly mistake.

why bump strips i thought about doing mine the saw a elerly person slam there door into mine unless you want a realy dinted door or dont park next to anyone dont!

I personally haven't removed mine and while they look a bit tatty, I'd rather it be them than my car body. Edited by Skezza