No brakes

deewhy

HELP!

I've Installed the cupra/focus master cylinder, bled the lines but have no pressure.

Pedal going to the floor. I have the 3mm spacer between the servo and the master cylinder.

Any ideas appreciated

I have absolutely no idea about the conversion you're doing but I'd be tempted to remove the spacer, it sounds to me like you need more fluid movement. why the change in master cylinder, what have you done to your brakes to necessitate that? obviously you've put on some hefty brakes? as a car doctor, I need to ask lots of questions, ha ha. geoff

cheers for the reply Geoff,

I've done a 20v conversion into my 1.4MPi. the standard master cylinder was fouling the top cam pulley and had to opt for the Ibiza cupra/ ford focus stubby master cylinder. the calipers are from a lupo gti.

right, I probably know more about the focus bits more than the gti discs. have you tried taking the spacer out? the focus master cylinder normally copes with fairly sized brakes, so should do it in the braking department. I think if you have full travel you should be ok. geoff

Need the spacer or the brakes will bind. Was at it again last night. Come to the conclusion that it's a dodgy master cylinder as when I press the pedal the fluid level rises. Looks like a seals away. Ordered a new one so hopefully it works.

Thanks for the replies