Best place to find a lupo?

knottyham

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I've been looking to get a lupo, but not really sure where the best place to get one is. I'm willing to travel around 150 miles for the right car.

I'm based in Wiltshire, and have seen a few nice lupos around but was just wondering if anyone on here knew a good and reliable place to get a lupo from?

thanks in advance:)

Edited by knottyham

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I've been looking to get a lupo, but not really sure where the best place to get one is. I'm willing to travel around 150 miles for the right car.

I'm based in Wiltshire, and have seen a few nice lupos around but was just wondering if anyone on here knew a good and reliable place to get a lupo from?

thanks in advance:)

What an odd question. Are you suggesting there's a town where all the Lupo's are beautiful, and another town where all the Lupo's are sheds :D haha!

Just check out Gumtree and Autotrader and perhaps eBay, but add whatever distance you're willing to travel. I find the first two are better as eBay has started to inflate the price of cars in the last few years. The Classifieds on here also has Lupo's for sale regularly so keep an eye out on there.

Is there anything you want in particular? Petrol or diesel? Engine size etc? You might find someone has one for sale on here and they haven't listed it yet.

You'll pay more from a dealer of any sort and often the warranty, which you are paying for, is very limited.

If you check around the forums you can usually see the history of any cars for sale, AutoTrader, eBay, GumTree etc it's more of a lottery.

Best bet is to get an idea of what you want and then look for a good car.

...and to be honest, 2nd hand cars are always a bit of a lottery.

What's your budget?

I don't want anything too modified if that makes sense... Id like a nice untouched one if possible.

not sure of budget yet. I know i want a nice clean 1.4 lupo not too high mileage (preferably under 90,000/ 100,000) miles). I'm not too fussed on age as long as the cars got decent miles etc...

thanks for the help so far.

I don't want anything too modified if that makes sense... Id like a nice untouched one if possible. not sure of budget yet. I know i want a nice clean 1.4 lupo not too high mileage (preferably under 90,000/ 100,000) miles). I'm not too fussed on age as long as the cars got decent miles etc... thanks for the help so far.

Plenty of unmodified ones around in nice condition at a good price. If you're young, the 1.0 might be better, but the 1.4 is a good motor and tends to have more comfort trimmings if you will.

Find out your budget and you'll have a better chance of finding something smart :)

I'm 20, and both lupos on insurance don't seem to differ much (40-50 quid difference!)

I'm not too fussed on things like electric windows (would be nice but happy to go with wind up ones)

I'm looking at around the 1.5k mark, possibly a bit more...

The only thing that worries me about the 1.0 is motorway journeys...

thanks

I'm 20, and both lupos on insurance don't seem to differ much (40-50 quid difference!)

I'm not too fussed on things like electric windows (would be nice but happy to go with wind up ones)

I'm looking at around the 1.5k mark, possibly a bit more...

The only thing that worries me about the 1.0 is motorway journeys...

thanks

Good budget, you can find something nice. How often do you do motorway journeys? If it's a regular occurrence I'd be tempted to recommend an SDI. Yes, it's slightly slower than a 1.0, but not by much and you'll get much better economy and loads better for motorway trips.

I wouldn't say I do them often at all, and to be honest if we do go on the motorway we're more likely to go in my partners new car...

I'm mainy doing small journeys (to/from work) and I'd probably only be doing 20 miles a day most weekdays.

I'm only concerned because we used to have a 1.1 fiat panda. It coped with the speed and length of the motorway ok but did feel a bit shaky at anything over 70mph!

I wouldn't say I do them often at all, and to be honest if we do go on the motorway we're more likely to go in my partners new car...

I'm mainy doing small journeys (to/from work) and I'd probably only be doing 20 miles a day most weekdays.

I'm only concerned because we used to have a 1.1 fiat panda. It coped with the speed and length of the motorway ok but did feel a bit shaky at anything over 70mph!

I recently took my V reg Lupo SDI on a 200 mile trip to Durham. It was fine up right up to top speed, which I tried not to hit too often. At 80-90 it coped perfectly and was very comfortable. No problems moving into the fast lane, keeping up with traffic and it felt very strong. That's with 115k miles on. Guessing the economy was crap but I'd still put money on it being better than a 1.0 at that speed. With good maintenance, SDI engines are real beasts.

That said, if your standard commute is just 20 miles, you're unlikely to get good economy and the extra you might pay probably isn't worth it. I recently read that to really enjoy the financial benefits of a diesel, you need to be doing at least 8k miles a year. I do 23k a year, so it's probably paid for itself in fuel alone!!

Edited by Skezza

Got a immaculate arosa 1.4 sport, is lowered but has been a show car so is 100%. Car is on 92k but i had alot of engine work done to keep it sweet as a nut!

1525339_10151883519994562_781671724_n.jp

Edited by JamesTdi

Got a 1.4 TDI available. 51,000 miles. Excellent condition. 1 Owner from new (my wife)

Not entirely sure on the price. I had a look on autotrader and there's one on there for £3900 and with more mileage. But that certainly seems a bit steep!

So will ask £3000

Got a 1.4 TDI available. 51,000 miles. Excellent condition. 1 Owner from new (my wife)

Not entirely sure on the price. I had a look on autotrader and there's one on there for £3900 and with more mileage. But that certainly seems a bit steep!

So will ask £3000

what reg?

In Edinburgh. But will also be in Preston end of Feb visiting family and could drive there if there was interest

pm me some photos