Clive the Canica Blue Arosa

Kirsty91

I Never know where to start with these, however this car already has a pretty big build thread on here!

Back at the start of December I brought Adam R4's Arosa as I currently have a 69 beetle but its just too cold to use in the winter and with the salt and bad weather I didn't really want it on the roads, so after running around trying to find a garage I finally found one to store him in and then along come the arosa as I needed a daily car to use!

Myself and my other half went to go and pick it up on a Saturday night from Sandbach Services, however was rather challenging to drive home, I felt like I was on my driving lessons again as id been so used to driving a old car for so long, however loved the simple things again such as power steering, heaters, decent headlight etc. lol

Then over Christmas I had been busy with work so not much as happened, however he is in the progress of getting new check straps fitted and currently awaiting some spacers which my other half ordered in December but they may have got lost in the post as they still haven't arrived :| Also had to get him to raise the arosa up on the front as it is impossible to get in or out the cul de sac where I live :(

Below is just a few random photos

Hopefully ill be able to post a little more when something more interesting happens with him !!!

D7F97CEE-B869-4B13-A3A2-A4CFB8168C24_zps

F4B22D8B-3FFF-44DF-BE48-84412C1CF56F_zps

049F15C0-D99C-48B2-9BF1-53815BC54CF3_zps

Then after having him less then 24 hours Ross decided he wanted to see what the BBS would look like, honestly I have never been a HUGE fan but it kept him occupied for a hour or so and this was the outcome...

5958E210-5A50-4F77-BCF4-9EB50D0D0EEA_zps

2252268F-9775-4B68-A31C-9CC73368F875_zps

A57AE174-F349-4D20-B3E5-745A94939986_zps

RSs look good with the colour contrast!

...more of the Beetle please!

Ross said the exact same about the colour contrast too!!!

Don't really want to go and spend ££££ on some wheels as my purpose for this car was to have as a daily so the beetle can be taken off the road and money saved to spend on it!!!

Since a couple of you asked to see the beetle, here he is!
Its no where near perfect or how I want it but after all its doing well for a 44 year old car and will be a slow working progress!

DSC_0879_zps933765b9.jpg

75896_314439105359932_1525042506_n_zps0c

IMG_1677_zps4dfd2540.jpg

565005_323260371144472_1114381250_n_zps0

77189_377462695700963_1318578317_n_zpsde

IMG_1333_zps29e3e746.jpg

IMG_1773_zps580b59e1.jpg

Just need summer to hurry up now so I can get him back out!!!! :)

Adams Arosa :)

Lov the beetle! Is it a later beetle (69?) with early wings?

So clean!

It is indeed.

And Its a 69 with 2 early front wings.

Its clean for its age but up close has its fair few share of problems due to his age.

Are you the James that taught Adam how to clean his engine, I was looking through his thread ages ago. Clive is due a deep clean and I haven't a clue where to start when it comes to cleaning a water cooled engine haha HELPPPPPPPP!!! lol

that bugs pretty bad ass B)

Thanks, hopefully will change a lot within the next year!

It is indeed.

And Its a 69 with 2 early front wings.

Its clean for its age but up close has its fair few share of problems due to his age.

Are you the James that taught Adam how to clean his engine, I was looking through his thread ages ago. Clive is due a deep clean and I haven't a clue where to start when it comes to cleaning a water cooled engine haha HELPPPPPPPP!!! lol

Beetle looks spot on!

Yes i am the famous James, I cleaned my by using something like 'gunk degresser' (halfords sell it). Get detailing brushes, and scrub away! The sensible thing to do would be use a watering can and wash away the crap. I use a jet wash, just dont point it any where near the head of coil pack!

Never done me any harm!

Beetle looks spot on!

Yes i am the famous James, I cleaned my by using something like 'gunk degresser' (halfords sell it). Get detailing brushes, and scrub away! The sensible thing to do would be use a watering can and wash away the crap. I use a jet wash, just dont point it any where near the head of coil pack!

Never done me any harm!

ohh dont sound like to much of a challenge, similar to cleaning the beetles engine, just the arosa ive got more electrical parts to worry about!!!!

Is it best to do it from cold or warm?? or dont that make any difference ??

ohh dont sound like to much of a challenge, similar to cleaning the beetles engine, just the arosa ive got more electrical parts to worry about!!!!

Is it best to do it from cold or warm?? or dont that make any difference ??

Better to do it warm!! Not hot though...

Thanks, im guessing somewhere between 69 and 71 haha, if you hear from me in a few days ive done something terribly wrong!!!! :surprised:

Saying that everyday i go to clean the cars my work shifts change so i end up working during the day and finishing at 6 and this time of year its well into the night by 4pm so cleanings a no go :(

Beetle looks spot on!

Never done me any harm!

Wow wow wow sunshine! How long have I been jetwashing rally car bays lmao! No ones taught me anything on that hahaa! And Clive looks good! So glad he went to a good home :)

How did you clean little Clive's engine. Didn't wanna keep bugging you with texts. I've got Monday and tueaday off so deep clean for both cars is well over due. I read on your thread Adam you used the wheel cleaner. Is that right ?

And he's been looked after. Had to make him 7 turns higher at the front as I couldn't get on the drive or even in the cul de sac. However his spacers have arrived. I'll get Ross on the case soon and upload some more pics :)

So on Thursday the spacers arrived and Ross very kindly fitted them the weekend!!!
Now he has 25mm spacers on the rear, I think a dry afternoon is needed and play with some spacers on the front to decided what size to get!!!

IMG_3103_zpsf1276980.jpg

IMG_3108_zpsdb84641a.jpg

IMG_3109_zps16a7fade.jpg