2 button GTI key - need help sourcing.. Solved.

Ordered a new key for the Lupo - part number: W6X0 837 689 FI NB listed as a Lupo Gti 2 button key.

Thought I'd be getting the whole thing, as in, with 2 button remote attached but clearly I was wrong as all i got was the lower half of the key which is just the blade and lower housing. Surely I would have been asked at the dealer if I wanted the rest of it otherwise that just seems retarded.

Anyway I just want to know what the part number is for the 2 button remote fob part. I've looked all over with no joy.

Any help appreciated.

Edited by fuzz42

I think i've tracked down the correct part (not that the local vw parts shop has any clue of what they're doing) but anyway I thought i'd share in case anyone hits the same wall in the future as these things don't seem to be easy to replace - according to my local dealer vw never made a GTI version of the lupo (!!?)

Part number for the 2 button remote (top half of the Key unit) is: 3B0 959 753 L

So if you want to keep it all OEM and not go the flip key way you'll need both of these parts to get yourself a proper GTI replacement key.

A lesson to all - check your car comes with 2 keys before you buy!!