Scangauge Owners get in this thread

Dblock

Does anyone find the obd connector gets stuck? Happened to me on 3 different cars.

you mean it's tight? To be fair, it's supposed to be. It shouldn't slip off easily.

Finally calibrated it yesterday. It's not 100% accurate yet but it's not far off. It required a 344% correction on the fillup :o Perhaps the previous owner was using it on a motorbike. Unfortunately, once you get to three digits, you lose the decimal point lol. Fine for the moment it shouldn't be too far off next fillup at which point I can correct it :) Not had chance to replace the board yet, going to use this one for a week then change it, then I'll let you know if it's really worth the £15 upgrade.

Edited by Skezza

Yep. Is that wrong? It's certainly reading a lot more accurate now. The scan gauge thought I'd used 1.8 gallons when I'd used over 5. Full tank to quarter. It's a second hand one so I'm guessing it was calibrated for the previous owner. A factory reset won't clear the fill up data. Like I said,I think it was being used on a bike because the engine size was set at 0.7 so...

• 3 weeks later...

I still don't fully understand why you need to block your grille and I don't. You must use the heater too much :s

Perhaps your coolant is low :D To be fair, your concerns should be to Dblock because he has a TDi and they tend to run warmer. I'm in an SDI which are notorious for running cold. Even in the summer, my SDI doesn't usually go above 80 degrees lol...

I still don't fully understand why you need to block your grille and I don't. You must use the heater too much :s

Maybe so but I live in Scotland and generally drive when it's dark so colder too. Also let's say all things equal with my grill block my car will heat up much quicker than yours so if we both went to the shops mine would be heated faster than yours equaling better mpg.

Yes I was aiming it at Dblock and the other TDI owners generally. Coolant should be fine as it's less than 2 years old. Dblock has yours got a decat? As that made mine take longer to warm up.

No although I do want to get one fitted. With it being a little warmer now the car heats up pretty quickly. E.g. car from cold 4/5c will go to about 50c in about 5mins now which is great. My coolant was changed when I changed the stat too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 25/01/2016 at 8:57 PM, lupo_ro said:

Does anyone mounted ScanGauge E on a Lupo 1.0? How many date reports? AVG, MPG? Please tell me. I wish one of these.

Mounting a ScanGauge is easy mate. Trust me :) Worth doing as well imo.

On my 1.0E (when I had it) I got roughly 40MPG on a good run, maybe 45MPG if I was very lucky. If driven hard, they'll drop to low 30's.