How many low mileage, low owner lupo gti's are left...

sj2112

Hi

I have an o2 plate bought 2 years ago with 49k and I have just clicked 56k. Red, heated black leather, sunroof, a/c, original vw stereo with single cd. original bathurts but been sprayed black before I got it. Its my forever car that I will keep original.

I have a work car so doesnt get used too much.

There was a red one for sale in southampton for sale @ £7k recently. Had every option ticked, 12,000 miles. It was immaculate. I saw it the first day it went on sale, by the time I'd checked train times it had been sold.

Strangest thing was the agent took it as trade in against a used Conti GT

• 2 weeks later...

I've done exactly 100k in a shade under 10 years of ownership.

Personally, I doubt many people get to their death bed and think, oooh, I wish I'd done LESS miles on my car.

Cars are for driving, anything else is a museuem piece.

I've done exactly 100k in a shade under 10 years of ownership.

Personally, I doubt many people get to their death bed and think, oooh, I wish I'd done LESS miles on my car.

Cars are for driving, anything else is a museuem piece.

this was my motto... or there abouts...

there were loads with less mileage than mine but i loved driving it so did all the time. It was also in much better condition that some with less miles.

Too many people judge a car by mileage but anyone who got to see mine in the flesh would agree it was pretty mint for what it was.

there were loads with less mileage than mine but i loved driving it so did all the time. It was also in much better condition that some with less miles.

Too many people judge a car by mileage but anyone who got to see mine in the flesh would agree it was pretty mint for what it was.

ahmen to that the paintwork was mint definatley saw alot of wax over the years you owned it haha

shame it burnt oil for fun

ahmen to that the paintwork was mint definatley saw alot of wax over the years you owned it haha

shame it burnt oil for fun

it wasnt too bad on oil when i had it to be fair... they are notorious for it!

where did it end up?

Edited by Piers

I'm a complete hypocrite though, just bought a TDI Scirocco that has sod all miles on it despite being three years old, condition and spec was perfect also so it wasn't just the 16k miles that attracted. However, in using, miles don't put me off, we just stick em on the car, have fun, and not worry about it. :)

• 7 months later...

Seems to be three low mileage cars for sale at present:

05 plate, 1 owner, 38k miles, priced at £6,999

52 plate, 1 owner, 39k miles, priced at £6,950

04 plate, 1 owner, 41k miles, priced at £6,500

I've just bought a 1 owner car with 37k miles on the clock, seems to be a real gap appearing between the low mileage high priced GTIs and those that have been to the moon and back with battle wounds.

I'm actually considering putting mine up for sale at the end of September, my memory of these cars have been tainted by owning Morgan, R32s and Clio V6 . . . .

Not many. A friend of mine has 05 plate that has done over 30000 miles. Another user recently joined with a lupo gti that has done 25000! But there cannot be many around.

Now mine. On the 3rd owner and near 52000 miles.

My SE on the had. 2nd owner (1 family owner I total). Near 100000 miles

• 2 weeks later...

That's some good mileage there Ray? You using it as a daily? Surely not! That's what your Rozza is for no?

i would like a tidy low mileage GTI. However more importantly, I'd just like a tidy GTI that hasn't been ****ed about with a £10 eBay induction kit and riding on a set of £60 ****ing lowering springs (as I saw on Gumtree the other day).

That's some good mileage there Ray? You using it as a daily? Surely not! That's what your Rozza is for no?

i would like a tidy low mileage GTI. However more importantly, I'd just like a tidy GTI that hasn't been ****ed about with a £10 eBay induction kit and riding on a set of £60 ****ing lowering springs (as I saw on Gumtree the other day).

The Gti wont like veg oil so its a no go lol

The Gti wont like veg oil so its a no go lol

Well obviously I'd drop my SDI engine in :D

No... I would just like a GTi to garage for the time being. They're a guaranteed classic imo. Already flying up in price and with modern sport VW's looking horrifically boring imo, the Loop GTi is a perfect keeper car with a bit of style as well.

Well obviously I'd drop my SDI engine in :D

No... I would just like a GTi to garage for the time being. They're a guaranteed classic imo. Already flying up in price and with modern sport VW's looking horrifically boring imo, the Loop GTi is a perfect keeper car with a bit of style as well.

Just because you have a garage now doesn't mean you have to fill it...