MOT TIME!

jessperkins17

Right guys!

I have my mot booked for saturday (aaahh) for my little 1l arosa and I have question to ask?!

I have stickers on my rear window all down one side (which you'll see on my newbie post) ;) and basically I was wondering if I'll have to take them off for mot? Could they fail it for obstructing vision ? And my air fresheners hanging from my rear view mirror!?

Hopefully she passes! :)

The Mot Testers guide says re the view to the rear:

1 An obligatory mirror or indirect vision device missing or insecure.

An obligatory mirror or indirect vision device:

a.

obscured, damaged or deteriorated so that the view to the rear is seriously impaired

b.

does not provide an adequate view to the rear or is incapable of being adjusted to provide an adequate view.

So it's really up to how the Mot tester is feeling on the day - likewise the air freshener! However, there is no charge for a retest so you just have to take the air freshener off and if required, peel off (some of?) the stickers while it is still there and they should pass it - unless they find something else - good luck!

ahh thank you for all the advice guys! I was just asking as ive read a few things in the past about people failing because of air fresheners but they are the easiest to take off so ill do that just incase! and I suppose I should be worrying about the bigger (more expensive things) haha but I wanna get the silly things out of the way! - dont worry the screen wash is topped up ;)