Gti Upgrade Help Please :)

LJHIZZLE

Right guys, after buying new coilovers, wishbones, disks and pads all round as well as wheel bearings, and top mounts. Im also going to be having my cambelt done. With this in mind theres no way i'm going to be selling it on straight away and giving all that money away to the next person to own it.

With this in mind i want to make some more subtle but good upgrades. Potentially exhaust, induction kit.. I just need help on which products to buy please, the brand and why that one is best.

Im not on an extremely tight budget, my car isnt show standard but id like it to be at least a few heads up on the amateur dubbers mooching around.

any help would be much appreciated, thanks lads n lasses

i went for a custom 4 branch sport cat and cat back when i had the 1.6 engine in my gti. its well work getting a custom one over the branded one personally !!! also a cda is the way forward felt a bit of a difference with that

matt

i went for a custom 4 branch sport cat and cat back when i had the 1.6 engine in my gti. its well work getting a custom one over the branded one personally !!! also a cda is the way forward felt a bit of a difference with that

matt

Can you elaborate into abit more detail please mate as i'm not as clued up as i'd like to be about those parts :) Thanks though

I don't rate the CDA. I'm more of a panel filter kinda guy.

Getting a custom exhaust is the way forwards but if I was you I'd be more inclined to look at a rear roll bar and an LSD.

I'm with Rich on the air filter approach, I'm running a k&n panel filter in mine, looks oem and my throttle response is about the same as when I ran a separate air filter set up. As for exhausts, I've never had a custom one made, I've got a janspeed cat back, not too loud but you know it's there. Nothing worse than a loud exhaust on a long journey. ..

People seem to be split on the bmc cda then. Its a better sound apparently, my friend had one on his with his straight through pipe and it sounded great. However, a k&n is good? and cheaper! Do any of you have any videos of the sounds they put out? It would be great to hear the sounds. Thanks again lads

I never used to rate cone filters, my VX had one one when I got it, and it stayed on - it sounds fantastic. Antisocially loud, but god its good.

I had a CDA but my mate gave it away thinking it was a cheapo copy