turn pump up

Mini_ash

vag com required, but don't attempt a fuelling increase unless you really know what you're up to. why do you want to anyway? is it not starting too well now that it's cold? Geoff (also in the sunny north east)

sophie's sdi isn't that bad, how many miles have you got on the clock, has it had a cambelt? I've got the set to adjust the timing on the old style vw pumps where you take out the 10/11 mm bolt from the end of the pump but I've never used it on the electronic control so if you want to try that you're welcome to it, but you'd be flying blind as I have no set up details for it. there must be some somewhere though, if you could find them. geoff

you wont be able to really advance pump timing as its electronically controlled.

when the engines cold the pump advances itself to make it easier to start then as its running it Slowly retards itself

not even worth the time on an SDI.

think of all the beer money your saving from fuel economy.

I've got some vw manuals for the older cars, i'll have a look, but don't hold your breath. if it's that bad, get somebody with vag com who knows what they're doing to have a look at your pump . geoff

Ash, I've never required a down hill to get up to 70. You sure there isn't something else wrong?

Edited by Skezza

Ash, I wrote a How To on diesel purge, I'd recommend it. Mine has 114k miles on, but the amount of crap blown out was pretty impressive.