Lupo Gti 1.8t project

Mr.Badbrains

On 12. elokuuta 2016 at 11:30 AM, Danyutz said:

What was wrong with the window?

Selling the arb by any chance? :D

The big cogwheel inside the regulator motor was worn down so the motor would spin but it didn't move the cables.

I didn't want to drop the exhaust, so I cut the arb in half to get it out. I can sell it to you tho. :lol:

1 hour ago, Danyutz said:

Haha, thanks but no thanks! :lol:

You just rotated the cog a bit? Is it hard to open the motor?

Yup half-turn did the trick.

Opening the motor isn't that hard, but getting it out and tensioning the cables back is pita. Especially when you can't lower the window in order to get to the regulator clips.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

14478513.jpg

14476735.jpg

I've been lazy again, but finally there is something happening. New seats coming, some candy apple and radinox lips ready for Ozs. ;)

Parts getting painted and after some maintenance Lupo should be running this month.

Edited by Mr.Badbrains

What's the wiring mod on the rear bulb holder for?

I love this GTI, really wish mine looked like this, clean, slammed and tastefully modded!

1 hour ago, lupogtiboy said:

What's the wiring mod on the rear bulb holder for?

I love this GTI, really wish mine looked like this, clean, slammed and tastefully modded!

Thanks! It's something for my new (old) all red tail lights. Don't know if it will look any good tho...

• 3 weeks later...

It's not that difficult to reupholster a seat to make it like new again. You just need a sewing machine and patience. And you can come up with any cloth/leather/mesh/hessian/fishnet etc combination you like- in any colour!

• 1 month later...

14476722.jpg

14476726.jpg

Exips painted finally and got some rubber on them. The s3 seats took some more effort than I thought. Mk4 and Lupo rails aren't the same after all. But with angle grinder and some other modifications I managed to get them fit and working.

Edited by Mr.Badbrains

I didn't like how the parking lights are in Lupos rear light, so since the lights are now all red, I moved them in the center. Now the blinker is where the fog lights used to be (fog light disabled).

Also color coded rear Sharan badge.

14476721.jpg

Waiting for 20mm spacers for the rears, 25mm poke too much.

Edited by Mr.Badbrains

Lights look cool but the indicator flashes red! Isn't that a bit illegal (certainly is in the UK!)

Edited by lupogtiboy

1 hour ago, lupogtiboy said:

Lights look cool but the indicator flashes red! Isn't that a bit illegal (certainly is in the UK!)

Yeah I haven't found bright yellow bulbs in there yet. I've tried orange and green bulbs, both look the same. Ordered some bright yellow LED bulbs, but they are all orange, not yellow... :huh:

I'm tempted to get another set of lamps and move the side light into the reflector lamp area. Ideally I'd like a decent set of LED lamps, not those horrid round ones they did years ago!

Edited by lupogtiboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Isn't that nice that all my photobucket photos are lost...

Anyway, started to strip my car down for some sound deadening, just for more comfortable ride. Meanwhile did some oem+ footwell lights from a salvage audi door panel lights and harness. Wired them to the light switch so they are on when side lights are on.

14537127.jpg

14537132.jpg

14537141.jpg

Atm trying to figure out how to get cruise control to work with the Gti, but seems like I need a Polo Gti ecu for that.