Lupo Gti 1.8t project

Mr.Badbrains

• 4 months later...

Lupo stays in the carage again waiting for summer to come. I was forced to drive it few days in snow... Not fun at all with my ground clearance. Exhaust took quite a beating... Im lucky Ive got a 4wd for winter.

I was looking through my photos to get some motivation back. Thought I might as well share this one.

15506626017_1bda226e21_c.jpgNight Rider by L Myyry, on Flickr

Reminds me of the photo in my first post.

• 3 months later...

...And who ever said that mk3 Airlift fronts would fit straight in Lupo. Well, they won't. Not even close. :rant:

I'll get my angle grinder.

but they do? so i have no idea what you're doing wrong :P

• 4 weeks later...

Lupo has been on air for a week or so. Few leaks in hardline setup and I already managed to break the bracket for manual valves, but besides that I'm quite happy how it's working.

Frame is still not notched and arb is still in, so it will drop some more. Rear wheel fitment needs some tweaking as they poke and arches sit on tire, but fronts are pretty much where I want them.

And somebody might notice few other changes from last year. :shifty:

Photo by Liude from BigMeet last weekend.

_full.jpg

Edited by Mr.Badbrains

• 2 months later...

So I made a new purchase one day. Blaupunkt Sydney with Bluetooth streaming and all. Couldn't be much happier with the oem look and sound is just fine I guess.

Made a new bracket for the KPC dual needle gauges and swapped matching white LED backlight in them of course.

Now just someone sell me a set of leather seats!

21762016535_279e084b59_c.jpg

21735943196_17f308cdf3_c.jpg

21750428202_b660bc43fb_c.jpg

Wow, just wow this is one seriously intense looking lupo can't believe this is the first time I've noticed this! Looks simply stunning and I'd go as far as to say my favourite looking lupo I've ever seen! So many choice modifications that come together to create a package like no other!

What size tyres u running on the 9's on the rear mate?

Ps. Some great looking photos as well!

• 7 months later...

It's that time of the year again and Gti gets back on the road. Little maintenance done. New timing belts, water pump, spark plugs, oil and filters etc.

Ditched the manual valves and wired in some solenoids and Avs-7 switchbox. Trunk install is getting done next week as well as the Exips are getting painted.

2016-05-12%2022.43.47.jpg

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Mr.Badbrains said:

So its officially ruined. Chassis notched and arb removed.

27268532013_293f3f915f_c.jpgDSC_4007 by Leevi Myyry, on Flickr

perfection ????

im looking at new head units at the momement and always liked the blaupunkt units for there factory look. It looks like it sits nice and flush in the dash as well? 

7 hours ago, My_Names_Buck said:

perfection ????

im looking at new head units at the momement and always liked the blaupunkt units for there factory look. It looks like it sits nice and flush in the dash as well? 

Thanks. 

Yep, that was one of the biggest reasons I bought mine. Simple and doesn't pop to your eye.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mr.Badbrains said:

Thanks. 

Yep, that was one of the biggest reasons I bought mine. Simple and doesn't pop to your eye.

I think you've help make up my mind...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...